1/48 Fokker D. VII 'Ernst Udet'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BombTaxi

Tech Sergeant
Nov 27, 2004
Barnsley, S. Yorks, UK
Hi all

A 'Start to Finish' thread is usually the kiss of death to any project I undertake, but one of these turned up ths morning and I have decided, as it is my first serious foray into 1/48 or WW1, to do a thread on it.

148udetbox.gif

148udetart.jpg

Sprue shots to follow shortly... 8)

That's supposed to be a very nice kit, and the best thing about the D.VII is it has almost no rigging to worry about. I have some pics I took of the one in the Air Force Museum and can post them if you want them.

I actually chose the D VII as it has no rigging :lol: It certainly looks good, I will start it once I have shunted a few little projects out of the way this evening. Pleasde post any pics you have, I haven't actually got any reference on this subject other than the kit instructions8)

I took these last February. The last 2 were part of a picture of another aircraft that I cropped. It looks like you may have lozenge decals that match. Hope they are of some help.

Attachments

• P2110310.JPG
    P2110310.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 246
  • P2110307.JPG
    P2110307.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 298
  • P2110289.JPG
    P2110289.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 312
  • P2110287.JPG
    P2110287.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 270
  • P2110281.JPG
    P2110281.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 278
Nice, looking forward to seeing the progress!

I've got a 1:72 Fokker D.VII lying around in it's box, but no lozenge decals and the idea of painting the lozenge pattern scares me.. :D

Nice, looking forward to seeing the progress!

I've got a 1:72 Fokker D.VII lying around in it's box, but no lozenge decals and the idea of painting the lozenge pattern scares me.. :D

You can buy sheets of lozenge decals on their own. I've seen them on a few online hobby stores, you would just need to select the correct scale then cut them to shape and size. I wouldn't attempt to paint lozenge camo, it's tedious and requires a very steady hand

You can buy sheets of lozenge decals on their own. I've seen them on a few online hobby stores, you would just need to select the correct scale then cut them to shape and size. I wouldn't attempt to paint lozenge camo, it's tedious and requires a very steady hand

Now I'm very tempted to try it..
I'd fail horribly but it would be good practice! :)

It's a cheap old kit anyways, I'd rather get a new more expensive ones with decals included, but thanks for the tip..

Nice BT! I have a fancy for the NiePorts(sp) and the D7 have a couple in the stask of each from Ed.Cheers

No, it's Roden old chap 8)

Engine and fuel tank are done, 'pit is underway, and I shall post some piccies in the morning, as my camera delivers absolutely c*ap results under artificial light :confused:

It is a very nice kit. The level of detail in this scale is very good - the tailplane features two separate (and very small) elevator hinges, and the fuel tank has very detailed filler cap and feed to the engine (which can be displayed or covered up), plus an outlet leading to separate fuel gauge in the cockpit. Very reasonably priced too - I ordered this off eBay, and including postage from Poland, I still had change from £20 8)

Typically, I've got about jack all done this last week. And I lost the charger for my camera :evil: In lieu, here are some quick phone camera shots. Marathon build session planned today and tomorrow, more to follow...

EDIT: Photos removed because they were terrible. More to follow when I get my charger sorted...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back