1:48 Fw 189

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

YakFlyer

Airman 1st Class
Jan 15, 2007
Canterbury, NZ
Hi Guys,

She is all done. No sign on that airbrush... I am winding down the modeling in terms of large kits for a while. $$$ has to go towards that Pitts project and a trip to the US this year incidently!
However, see how long I last on that front.
Also finished is the 1:48 Tamiya kit of the US 1 1/2 tonne truck. Have built a few period vehicles of late. Considering doing a diorama but there is no where to put it so perhaps that will remain an idea and nothing more. :idea:

P1100126.jpg
P1100128.jpg
P1100130.jpg
P1100131.jpg
P1100136.jpg
P1100137.jpg
P1100143.jpg

Yakflyer

Ah the 189………….got this one lined up for my next build, so if you have any pointers………..

Nice looking turn out you have here.

Hi there Vic,

Thanks. Well all I can say is that it was the most detailed kit I have ever worked through. I have had it sitting there on the shelf for well over 12 months. Very, very fiddly.
Worth it though - been working away on my German Nightfighter collection for many years. :)

Hi there Vic,

Thanks. Well all I can say is that it was the most detailed kit I have ever worked through. I have had it sitting there on the shelf for well over 12 months. Very, very fiddly.
Worth it though - been working away on my German Nightfighter collection for many years. :)

Thanks for that, was it the Great Wall kit.

I've no problem with the fiddly bits, that side of modelling I love, but with this one it's the distemper overcoat that I'm looking at, I'm looking for ways to do this effectively, so consequently ideas.

Thanks for the comments, Vic, it is the greatwall kit. Very nice model as I said, up there with anything from Tamiya (big Tamiya fan here!). Vick, yeh I had a few years out of it when I was away flying fulltime, but with running a business, and being more of a freelance contract pilot (and pursuing competition aerobatics), I just really enjoy the relaxation that modeling brings. I do get to a point where I just want time to myself and switch off a bit (and I get tired of being at the airfield all the time....the same people that like to have a whinge just get up my goat).

cheers :)
Yakflyer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back