1/48 Grumman Avenger TBF-1C - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow'eeeeeeeeeeeeee Jan what a beaut, don't fancy attacking that turret though. Just realised, though it's a bit late, I've also got some good pics of the Ball turret if you want!

Thor, et al, see it always comes back to that, tremendous work, exacting detail, PITA (to quote Terry), and it gets buried never to be seen. Paint it pink and fucia with a 4in(10cm) brush with Mickey Mouse decals taped on and be done with it!!! IMHO

Much obliged gentlemen!

Didn't do much last weekend, due to a slight (still annoying) headache, but I'm off this coming Monday and Tuesday night, so here's to hoping!

Anyhoo.....another thing that I do not like about this kit, the doors to the bomb bay, if you you decide leave them closed, then it's all good and dandy, but if you like, want to open them, then the fun starts, by slicing carefully to separate them and gently bend them to shape, not fun and not eany as you run the risk of cracking them, which I did with one side....would have been much better if you've got separately molded open/closed bomb bay doors...another reason why kits should be made by modellers for modellers....

Yet again, no callouts for paints, this Hobby Boss is hopeless when it comes that....so, inside of the wings and wheelbays, zincromate yellow?

Will be interesting to paint this thing later.....not!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread