1/48 Hasegawa Me109G-10 Heinz Ewald

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JKim

Senior Master Sergeant
Jul 1, 2014
Carlsbad, CA
Here is a model that I completed earlier this year. This was my first kit back from a 20+ year absence from the hobby. I used a few aftermarket items on this: Montex canopy and wheel masks, Aber brass gun barrels,PE seat belts. Also testing the image attachment feature.

JTK_1051_copy.jpg

JTK_1056_copy.jpg

JTK_1058_copy.jpg

JTK_1063_copy.jpg

JTK_1064_copy.jpg

JTK_1163_copy.jpg

JTK_1164_copy.jpg

JTK_1010_copy.jpg

JTK_1038_copy.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! It took me over a year to finish this model. After getting the kit and starting on it, it got shelved almost immediately as I got into a new hobby: painting fishing lures. That took over my workshop for a while. Once that slowed down, I pulled out the lonely model box on the bookshelf and started on it again. I made lots of mistakes on this as I was learning new techniques (preshading, PE parts, aftermarket canopy masks, etc.) and re-familiarizing myself with the basics of plastic modeling.

That good work JKim !!
Looks like you hit it these 20 years. I liked the paint, I hope you can show us the cockpit.

Felicidades amigo y bienvenido de vuelta!! 8)

That good work JKim !!
Looks like you hit it these 20 years. I liked the paint, I hope you can show us the cockpit.

Felicidades amigo y bienvenido de vuelta!! 8)

Thanks but I failed to document the build process. I took a few pictures of some things like the hollowed out exhausts and the brake lines on the landing gear to share on Facebook but I wasn't participating on any modeling forums at the time. Jump forward to now... I am now in the process of contributing my THIRD model in the current Group Build here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back