1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Luis - I started reading this thread a couple of weeks back and thought to myself that it seemed really familiar. It wasn't until I got most of the way through I realised that I was following this build when it was part of a GB for heavy hitters. I'm really glad to see you back at this one - all the work you put in on the bomb racks alone makes the effort of finishing this build off all the more meaningful.

Please keep up the great work - I will be continuing to watch this one with interest. :hello2:

Thank you very much for your kind comment mi amigo Grant Barr, all the applied work and the great contribution of several great knowledgeable colleagues in this forum have been very enriching.

An important part is also the shows of support from so many with their visits.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do (although with less available time),... and I'll be waiting for comments and doubts.

Saludos hasta la hermosa tierra de Canguros y Koalas :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Hola amigo :hello2:

Are you going to let us see your process?, to be pending.
It will be necessary to corroborate how good a model this ICM is.

It seems that little by little I will resume the conclusion of your gift.

Saludos :thumbup:
I am about to start Luis I want to finish the F-86 first almost there been a slog to build not the kit but the NM finish but but I think you need to get crack'in Ole Boy!! :D

Hello everyone, thank you for your visits and I hope you are well.

Studying carefully what is related to the RAF rondels, these are the main images that I will use as a reference

1650311385386.png

1650311413758.png

This will be the mask that I will use to practice its application and tests with my airbrush

1650311458889.png

I will use a mask for each of the 3 types of rondeles.

One mistake I discovered in this review was covering the top crosses of the reprinted wings for the documentary film, which were printed in a position more towards the tips of the wings; according to the photos shared here in the thread and more clearly shown in this image of Wojtek

1650311496708.png

And on the wings of our AW-177 such "repainted" crosses are simulated at the wrong distance.
I realized when I positioned the upper rondel mask at the distance and location that corresponds in our reference photos...

1650311555831.png

It can be seen that the dark green stain that covers the alleged crosses is already largely within the area of the rondel.

I've already thought about what my movement will be to make those crosses "erased with dark green", remain correctly with respect to those rondeles...
...that will be in another next opportunity to share with you how I am doing (or how they turned out)

Waiting for your comments...

Greetings y muchos saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back