1/48 Me 109F

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fearsome-13

Airman
Aug 4, 2014
This is the ICM 109F in 48, in a Revell box....

I built the kit as a gift for a colleague of mine, based on a painted he received from friends of his a few years ago.

I've read of some guys really battling to put the kit together, or have several issues with it. I found it to be a peach, as the ICM XVIe was, just required a bit of planning etc, for the most part, the fit was quite good. The kit decals settled down quite nicely.. but the swastika came from the spares bin. Please note.... I do not condone the actions of the Nazis, but I do believe in historical accuracy.

Painted with Tam acrylics, and finished with Tam clear cotes.

IMG_3931_zpsd2ab2683.jpg

IMG_3932_zps6a090604.jpg

IMG_3933_zps177d925a.jpg

IMG_3934_zps7e512ea3.jpg

and now one or two edited pics
IMG-20130924-WA0031A_zps197c4b76.jpg

IMG-20130924-WA0027A_zpscc9fecac.jpg

Nice! and ...Please note.... I do not condone the actions of the Nazis, but I do believe in historical accuracy. No need for apology we all work toward that same goal ;)

Thanks guys!

I know the swastika isnt the correct size.... as I said, it came from the spares bin (I believe a Tam Fw190).... I didnt have any 109 sized decals.

Next time, if you do not have the correct decals, ask us.
I would have gladly sent you the correct size swastika for your aircraft.
Not a matter of political ideologies; historical accuracy is what we strive for.
Other than that, the model is a very good job!

Meatloaf.... thank you kindly for the offer... but seeing as my colleague wouldnt know the difference (and still doesnt)... I think things turned out ok! For my own builds, I do tend to strive for absolute accuracy etc. If I recall correctly, the Revell boxing doesnt come with swastikas.

Jeff... the camo on the nose is both airbrushed, and hand painted. I laid down the green as a base coat with my AB, then using Maskol and a toothpick, I hand painted the 'snakes' on... followed by airbrushing the light blue over the top. When the paint had cured properly, I simply peeled off the Maskol and voila!

Very nicely done, Fearsome-13. Would that be Johann "Mackie" Steinhoff's -F? Or his wingman's? And while we are on the subject of 109s, would anyone have a pair of main wing mass balances for 1/72 scale that they would be willing to part with? I have a Fine Molds 109G-2 of which the mass balances broke off and cannot be found...

I'm honestly not sure... as I say, it was painted based purely on a painting my colleague had received from guys he worked with years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back