1\ 48 Misteltoe Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sturmbock44

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
California
hello everyone i bought a 1\48 Paragon Ju 88 H conversion kit and im looking for info on possibly building a model that doesnt have the fuhrungsmistel style nose its longer and more droopy than the nose that would be on a Ju 88 C or G ... so here goes

I want to know if Mistels with the lengthened Ju 88 H frame where ever used in combat or ready for combat besides training models? i have the schiffer book which is pretty vague in details... in line drawins they call it the Schulmistel S 3c showing it with a Fw 190 F-8 the line drawing shows what looks like the nose on C heavy fighters. would that be accurate ? ( i know its a training mistel ) i did see the shaped charged version with lengthened Ju 88 Frame with Fw 190 F-8 \ A-8 on top but it had slipper tanks ... which leads me to my second question did any lengthened mistels meant for combat not training use fw 190s without slipper tanks? i really want to build a Fw 190 A -8 F-8 with a lengthened H Ju88 but i only have shaped charge nose (like an RPG ) or a regular metal nose like on C and G models... not the droopy lengthened nose that im seeing in line drawings and picture for explosive mistels. commonly called fuhrungsmistel.

to summerize this confusing question what could i possibly build that wasnt just on paper or in planning. i was hoping to build a Ju88H combat mistel rather than training but will build training version if the nose is the same as on ju 88 Cs or G.the book shows some actual pictures without the droopy lenthened(fuhrungsmistel) nose but doesnt say if its training or combat.
and if there where any shaped charged versions even just ready for combat but never used did the Fw 190 have to have slipper tanks? thank you for any help i hope didnt make it too hard to understand.

I doubt I can make you even more, I commented on S3B consisted of a Ju88 a4 and fw 190a8 and was training, (I recently did one and i was more than three years researching), Ju88H4 Mistel with built two versions it was mistel 3b for the anti boats or hunting boats and tanker aircraft was a fw190 f8 and after the Mistel S3C this was training and was a fw190 A8 tanker aircraft with wing tanks as comets.
this model was never pumps nose, were installed even without changing planes, you would have to find the photos I found the model and when you find them (if I do I have all shared in boxes), the scannr and I would put them, but not to book can halt the KG200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back