1/48 Monogram Heinkel He 111 H-2 BoB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello again my fellow modelers.

This is a new project that I´ve been working since last month in order to present it in the Mexico City nationals in October.

I´d like to mention that this particular kite has always fascinated me since little due to the contrast of the paint applied during the Battle of Britain of this particular squadron KG-55.

This is an image of the particular kite I want to emulate:

KG55 he 111 over britain aok.jpg

For this matter, I´ve decided to print 4 crew members in different positions in order to better emulate the plane during flight. Also I got some nice resin parts (basically for the cockpit) as can be appreciated on the following images:
The resin parts are quite fragile but does the trick:
cockpit 01.jpeg

The crew was installed and dry fitted several times before proceeding to glue them.
cockpit 02.jpeg

One of the crew members (the bombardier) as you can appreciate, is an X wing pilot, that will change its colours shortly...

For this purpose, some german stahlhelms were also printed to switch heads with a corresponding one....
cockpit 03.jpeg

Again, there were lots of dry fitting hours in order to better position the crew before the paint works....
cockpit 05.jpeg

This is how the cokpit looks as today before closing the two halves of the fuselage together. I´m aware that lot of details will be lost behind the clear parts. But again, it was worthwhile....
cockpit 08.jpeg

This is how the interior of the kite looked like before the works....
fuselage 01.jpeg

And this is how the same areas look like after applying some scratch built parts in order to make it more credible......
fuselage 03.jpeg

I'm also considering applying some lights in the cockpit as well as in the interior, so these details (hopefully) can be appreciated.

I've never done this kind of work, but guess it's worthwhile.... Love this hobby.

Best regards from Monterrey.

Gerry :pilotsalute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back