1/48 Old Tool Hasegawa Kawanishi N1K2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks All!
I'm gonna try to get the Brewster Bufallo for GB #25 to the same level of construction. Once the painting stage on that one is done, I'll continue with the Shidden. But if all goes as planned, this will be towards the end of the week. Then some future and decals can be applied on both models followed by some weathering techniques.

A bit more progress. I put the decals on and added most of the smaller parts. Guns and radiomast are still missing. I'm gonna replace the guns with scratch build items and the radiomast as well (as it seams I lost it...)

DSCF2983.JPG

DSCF2984.JPG

DSCF2985.JPG

DSCF2986.JPG

Next will be the hand painting of the number "20" on the fuselage Himomaru, hopefully followed by a coat of semi gloss, as I think matt clear won't be apropriate for JNAF. So a semi gloss will be better suited
So far, I think it doensn't look too bad. I learned a few things from this build and it served its purpose.

Thanks Wayne, that is good to know...
I made a new radio mast for the Kawanishi and started on the wing cannons. Only the muzzle's are a bit more difficult to make.
But I think it can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back