1/48 P-38F-15-LO – Mediterranean Theatre of Operations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think the resin replacement turned out rather well, Andy. Perhaps not what you originally envisioned but you really have to look hard (from our perspective, not yours) to see faults. And I think it'll look even better once its painted. I've not done it before but I'm thinking it would be possible to replicate some of missing panel lines (and even rivets) with careful painting.

Thanks for that guys. Nonetheless, I've set this one aside for a bit as I was developing the wrong attitude about it. Before doing so, I pulled the mold out again and poured another resin cast. There will be a moment in the future when I decide whether, or not, to rip out the soft casting and replace it.

Thanks Wayne, Geo. I broke the new casting out of the mold yesterday and it cured nice and hard. I will now wait til I'm in the mood to rip out the old one and start over, probably when I get the two ponies done.

Some times you just have to put it aside. When you get in that mind set if you keep at it you just screw it up more. I know, done it more than once. The Sterling I was doing a wile back took a nose dive off a shelf and landed right on the bomb aimers window shattering it. I have a vac replacement part but the finish was complete with a hand mixed colors and all the weathering done, Just couldn't get my head into re-doing all that work. It just sits there on the shelf mocking me. Maybe someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back