1/48 P-38J-10 Lightning – Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice recovery. How is the fit of the major parts? Any problem areas? I'm hoping to build this kit soon.

I've had a few fit problems Chris, the lovely resin cockpit that came with the kit was not willing to fit so snug when closing up, the booms also present a problem fitting into the wings, part alignment is not so good and you have to watch you don't get a twist in the tail. Also the middle nose section, the bit with all the weights in is slightly over large on the back end and with a bad fit so some filing, shaving and gap filling required. I also put weights in the engine to ensure she was not a tail sitter.

Nice recovery. How is the fit of the major parts? Any problem areas? I'm hoping to build this kit soon.

I've had a few fit problems Chris, the lovely resin cockpit that came with the kit was not willing to fit so snug when closing up, the booms also present a problem fitting into the wings, part alignment is not so good and you have to watch you don't get a twist in the tail. Also the middle nose section, the bit with all the weights in is slightly over large on the back end and with a bad fit so some filing, shaving and gap filling required. I also put weights in the engine to ensure she was not a tail sitter.

Edit:
Double post, system generated. I executed 'Post Quick Reply' the system timed out and asked if I wanted to leave the page, I replied 'yes' and it updated with a duplicate post.

Last edited:
It's been a while folks but I'm still plodding on with the P-38. Her she is onj her own pins, all painted, decals are on, all I need to do now is weather it a tad and finish up with the fiddly bits.

20140824 a.jpg

20140824 b.jpg

20140824 c.jpg

very nice colour matching...that US drab green can be tricky sometimes. good crisp lines and well made vic. very impressive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back