1/48 RAF Night Fighter dual build Tamiya Beaufighter & Blenheim

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will be using the AK Real colos RAF interior greeen

Thanks, Where can this line of colors be gotten? Most of the paints that have been using are no longer. The few bottles of paint that I have are twenty years old. I think it is time to get some new ones.

Lucky 13: I like your F-8 statement, they are a very impressive aircraft. My sister's high school boy friend, visited a number of years later, he was a Naval Aviator by then. He flew in to Hancock Field in an F-8. I got to get a good look at one. The next day when he left he flew low (as low as allowed) over the house, and he was moving at a good clip. The house is four miles off the end of the runway at Hancock.

I order my AK real colors from Victorymodels.com

Thanks for thr pics. I will use them on my next Beau build

Got the beaufighter airframe together. Fit is really nice. Just have a little filler work to do on the tail wings for some reason. I find that drillinga hole gear and using a plastic rod to relace the axle . That way i can paint tht struts and install the wheels last

Brian

Looking very good.
One minor point, although I'm a bit late. The radar operator faced the rear when operating the radar, the display for which was under the rear coaming, as seen in the diagram and my 1/32nd scale build below. (the remainder of the equipment was on the port side of the central fuselage.).
However, as he was also the navigator, he'd face forward, with the "repeater" instrument panel in front of him, beneath the forward coaming, as provided in the kit, so either arrangement is suitable.

Thanks i will do that on my nother NF someday. I was wondering what equipment was used

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome, and if you need more info, just shout.
The later "thimble" and "bull" nose Beaus used centimetric radar, where the receiver display unit was a different layout, and I should have pics or diagrams of these.

Users who are viewing this thread