1/48 Seafire FR.46 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok...pic of the assembled wing...plus have removed the raised actuator cover detail on the trailing edge of the wing and rescribed as a closed panel.

Attachments

• 4_Wings assembled_1674.jpg
    4_Wings assembled_1674.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 5_Wing Actuator_1675.jpg
    5_Wing Actuator_1675.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 6_Actuator cover scribed_1681.jpg
    6_Actuator cover scribed_1681.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 7_Actuator Panel scribed_1679.jpg
    7_Actuator Panel scribed_1679.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 103
  • 8_Actuator panels Scribed_1680.jpg
    8_Actuator panels Scribed_1680.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 107
Neat work. Airfix did the same with the flap actuator cover on their earlier Mk22/24 - a small irritation, and easily remedied, but could have been moulded closed, or as a separate part - and I'm not sure if the shape is correct anyway. Earlier Spits had covers with a rounded end, opening sideways, but I haven't been able to get a close-up look at the Mk21 onwards version.

Neat work. Airfix did the same with the flap actuator cover on their earlier Mk22/24 - a small irritation, and easily remedied, but could have been moulded closed, or as a separate part - and I'm not sure if the shape is correct anyway. Earlier Spits had covers with a rounded end, opening sideways, but I haven't been able to get a close-up look at the Mk21 onwards version.

It's the same wing Terry for both, also there is a missing panel line on the lower portion of the Ailerons too., that i have to add that has been missed.
I can't say for sure what is correct either, i'm going on info from other Spitfire experts on other builds/sites....

Thanks for looking in guys.

I'm fine with it, just that I don't know where the line is for OOB. Around these parts, once you get into rescribing stuff, it kicks you up to a higher detail category.

Noe meaning to cause a fuss. Let all the great work continue!

I'd agree it's OOB - if the flaps are up, then the actuator cover would be closed - removing the offending 'lump' and re-scribing is not unlike re-scribing after losing detail through sanding, and it's not really adding anything, so fine.
If I eventually get to entering the Mirage IIIC, in order to fit the seat harness, I'll need to open a small depression in the seat, as two of the straps 'emerge' from here to attach on the head box, so it'll be a similar thing - removal of some plastic to allow fitting of parts agreed as allowable - if that makes sense.

Good....glad I didn't step over the line....Cheers Fellas...

haven't done anything to any of my regular models this week so far....fiback in the saddle real soon.nishing off what i need to on my sons Warhammer Valkyrie...

Quick bit done, scribe the missing trim tab on the lower aileron to match the top surface of both .

Attachments

• 9_Aileron Trim Tab_1740.jpg
    9_Aileron Trim Tab_1740.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 104
  • 10_Aileron Trim Tab_1742.jpg
    10_Aileron Trim Tab_1742.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 113
Yeah, no one said which December it ends !!
Just as well, as by the time I get around to entering that Mirage, it probably will be December !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back