1/48 Stuka Kit?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey, All,
I have never built a Stuka and I am looking to add one to the collection. Who, in your opinion, has a the better kit?
Thanks,
Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you like one with an engine or without? I Hasegawa and Tamiya both do kits for the Stuka, it just depends on if you want an engine to portray it open or if you don't :D

I can't recal but I think Hasegawa has the engine and Tamiya does not, or vice versa :S :D

Hey, Rogi,
I'll look at both kits. Either brand will be a good kit. I am not really concerned about an engine. Closed or open cowl, I could either way.
Thanks for your reply.
Dale

Hey, Wayne,
Good catch, the Tamiya kit is indeed a reboxing of the Italieri kit. 25+ yrs ago, Italieri kits where nice. Not to sure about now. Between "true" Tamiya, Hasegawa, and Accurate Miniatures, there are some darned nice kits out there. Oh, and lets not forget Eduard. I just got their limited edition P-38J and WOW, darned nice kit. I was thinking about writing up an in box review if you all do those kind of things here.
Later,
Dale

Hey, Wayne,
Good catch, the Tamiya kit is indeed a reboxing of the Italieri kit. 25+ yrs ago, Italieri kits where nice. Not to sure about now. Between "true" Tamiya, Hasegawa, and Accurate Miniatures, there are some darned nice kits out there. Oh, and lets not forget Eduard. I just got their limited edition P-38J and WOW, darned nice kit. I was thinking about writing up an in box review if you all do those kind of things here.
Later,
Dale

A review wouldn't go astray, go for it...

The Italieri Stuka is a recent new moulding from them, couple of reviews say it's a reasonably good kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back