1/48 Zoukei-Mura Ta 152H

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you guys! Nothing can be comparable to write something after a sunny weekend afternoon.

I added copper rings and 3D printed nuts on both ends of the tubes I made to simulate the adapters.

APC_0619.jpeg

I forgot some tubes and throttle control rods on the engine mount. My research results are showed in the following 2 pictures. But I'm not sure where tube 1, 2 and 3 showed in second picture connected to. They are not visible in pictures in which the engine is installed on the mount. Maybe 02 is lead to outboard of the fuselage? It would appreciate if anyone can share some information on them.

IMG_0974.jpeg

IMG_0975.jpeg

APC_0688.jpeg

For the final work related to the engine, I added leading exhaust edge de-icing tube. They were made from 0.6 mm aluminum wire, heat shrink tube and aluminum foil tape. I tried Tamiya putty at beginning, but found it difficult to shape.

APC_0707.jpeg

I don't know if it is my problem, but there is a huge stage between the windshield and fuselage skin. Refer to the picture of NASM's surviving 152, you can see the strip on base of the frame should overlap the fuselage skin panel. So I filled the stage and cover it with a scratch-built strips. Here I used PVC sheet to make a die for the Z-shape strip.

未命名作品.jpeg

APC_0636.jpeg

APC_0638.jpeg

APC_0640.jpeg

APC_0641.jpeg

From these picture you can tell how much putty I used on wing sections and wing-body fillets.

APC_0443.jpeg

APC_0628.jpeg

So far I have finished most of construction work. Now let's move to painting hangar. The after part of lower wing surface of later war German fighters are usually left bare. I tried to give the bare metal more textures with different base colors. This idea is from YouTube channel Creative Modeler.

APC_0719.jpeg

APC_0722.jpeg

I am not a good painter. The other part of painting work is too plain to share. But I still tried to add more color and light changes to skin with oil paint.

APC_0729.jpeg

IMG_6676.jpeg

The engine is finally weathered and assembled to the fuselage. Some of the details will be covered by engine cowling.

APC_0738.jpeg

APC_0739.jpeg

Thank you guys! Nothing can be comparable to write something after a sunny weekend afternoon.

I added copper rings and 3D printed nuts on both ends of the tubes I made to simulate the adapters.

View attachment 765579

I forgot some tubes and throttle control rods on the engine mount. My research results are showed in the following 2 pictures. But I'm not sure where tube 1, 2 and 3 showed in second picture connected to. They are not visible in pictures in which the engine is installed on the mount. Maybe 02 is lead to outboard of the fuselage? It would appreciate if anyone can share some information on them.

View attachment 765577

View attachment 765578

View attachment 765580

For the final work related to the engine, I added leading exhaust edge de-icing tube. They were made from 0.6 mm aluminum wire, heat shrink tube and aluminum foil tape. I tried Tamiya putty at beginning, but found it difficult to shape.

View attachment 765581
I don't know if it is my problem, but there is a huge stage between the windshield and fuselage skin. Refer to the picture of NASM's surviving 152, you can see the strip on base of the frame should overlap the fuselage skin panel. So I filled the stage and cover it with a scratch-built strips. Here I used PVC sheet to make a die for the Z-shape strip.

View attachment 765582

View attachment 765586

View attachment 765583

View attachment 765585

View attachment 765584
From these picture you can tell how much putty I used on wing sections and wing-body fillets.

View attachment 765587

View attachment 765588
Impressive.

Late to the party but enjoyed everything you've posted. Amazing scratch building with good explanations. I look forward to more of your posts.
Thank you! I tried to build it as accurate as possible. It would be my pleasure if someone can get interested in the aircraft and maybe build their own one after reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back