1/48th scale Harrier GR 3.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice job on the Harrier, looks good under the camo netting. I seem to have my modelling mentality stuck in WW2!

Thanks FB. I must admit, 95% of my models are WW2, but the guy I did the Harrier for now wants me to do another - the GR7 this time! Nice - I get paid for this one!!

I love Harrier GR3 i have one in 1/ 72 scale by fujimi on w.list ...

Fantastic work!!! :)

All the best!!!
Dusan ;)

Thanks Ian. Probably do another one for the Cold War GB, under a cammo net hide in Germany. But this time, I'll do it properly, and open the blower doors, and correct the canopy etc!

great job terry,i've got a few kits in the stash(a few of them jets)it's good to see a harrier so well done!

Thanks mate. The guy I did it for has asked me to do a GR9 as well, so just picked up the Revell (ex Hasegawa) kit for a knock-down price of £9.99 !! That's £13 less than normal, and a lot less than Hasegawa!

Thanks mate, they're the type I remember too. The 'new' one is a heck of a lot different, but the Revell (Hasegawa) kit is a real beauty - especially at that price (Model Zone, if you want one, not a place I normally use, but for that saving, why not!!).

I've been thinking about adding a 1:48 Harrier GR3 to my collection some time in the future. I remembered yours and looked back to find this thread. Apart from your comments in the first post, is the Airfix kit ok? particularly the surface detail ie. does it have engraved panel lines. I'm a bit weary of Airfix (apart from the latest kits), so would appreciate any feedback on the kit.

Last edited:
Overall it's not bad, and the only GR3 (in 1/48th) around. Surface detail is engraved, although a bit soft in places as far as I remember, as the model is now with the guy who commissioned it.
To do it properly, the auxiliary doors around the intakes need to be opened, and the canopy needs the extension frames on the sides, with the corresponding alterations to the top of the intakes. Otherwise, it should really be posed in the closed position. The kit has a lot of peotential for added detail, and turns out quite nice, although mine was more or less OOB.
It's out of production, but King Kit still have some I believe. Nearly got another to do as a Germany based ship for the Cold War GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back