1/48th X-1 and X-1B Beauty & the Beast (2 Viewers)

Very Nice!

I really should resume work on my conversion of a Revell 1/32 X-1 to X-1B.
 
1776302338891-png.png

X-1

Sprayed from a bottle of Testors Model Master International Orange that was at least 20 years old. Had some trouble getting it open but it was still good and went on very nicely.
A hint to get stuck bottles open: Turn them upside down and put some thinner in the lip of the lid and let it sit a while.

20260416_144826.jpg
 
:thumbright:
 
View attachment 875659
X-1

Sprayed from a bottle of Testors Model Master International Orange that was at least 20 years old. Had some trouble getting it open but it was still good and went on very nicely.
A hint to get stuck bottles open: Turn them upside down and put some thinner in the lip of the lid and let it sit a while.

View attachment 875658
That is a clever idea.
As an aside, the plane looks great!
 
great job on the paint, looks great Glenn
 
It's been a while since I've posted as I've had orthoscopic surgery on my right knee for a meniscus root tear and can't put any weight on that leg for six weeks as well as physical therapy 3 times a week.
Today was the first time I managed to get into my model building area on the back porch to get something done.

imagesJY7U5U291.webp

X-1

So once seated at the bench I spent a few hours applying all the decals. They went on well but were very delicate which made all the stencils rather stressful. I ripped a couple of them but managed to piece them back together.
Next I seal everything with Future and do the panel lines.

12636.jpg
12637.jpg




x1b_3v.jpg

X-1B

Not too much on this one. Added the landing gear. All that is left is the gear covers

12638.jpg
12639.jpg
 
nicely done Glenn
and hope your recovery goes well!
 
Welcome back, Glenn. Hope you get back to normal. Models look great
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back