1/72 Academy OV-10A Bronco in PAF colors... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wingnutz

Airman 1st Class
Apr 20, 2007
Singapore
PAF_OV-10_02.jpg

more pix here...

Hey folks,

Another PAF bird completed, and my first camo scheme in 25 years...

The kit was easy enough to put together but i tried getting more accuracy on the details like;

> Modified the engine cowling and flaps;
> Modified the VHF-AM and HF antennae;
> Centerline tank (borrowed from an OV-10D kit);
> Scribed a rim line for the main landing gears;

The DIY decals for the PAF markings were referenced from the OV-10 threads posted at IPMS-BAC/Philippines, as this is a rendition of the PAF's 16Th Attack Squadron of 15th Strike Wing based at Atienza Air Base, Cavite, Philippines.

OV-10 reference thread here...

Colors were from the Gunze Mr. Color range, smoke, clear blue orange were used as weathering accent highlights and finished off with an oil wash and Mr. Hobby Super Clear Flat coat, except for the propellers which were left off with a semi-gloss finish.

I wanted to do a camo scheme plane for the longest time as most of the PAF subjects that i did were in NMF finishes, so I decided to do this aircraft also as part of a bomber/attack plane GB @ IPMS-BAC/Philippines.

This kit is also a tail-sitter, which was remedied with adding a few lead weights at the nose, cockpit and rear cockpit areas.

I really enjoyed this build, specially with trying to figure out the camo scheme technique and colors, and I really hope you like the result as well.

thanks folks...

glad you liked it...the fun part was doing those markings i tell 'ya...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back