1/72 Boulton Paul P94

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Slapped some camouflage pattern on. As always with Dark Sea Grey and Dark Slate Grey it's hard to see what your doing when painting. Must have been great camo over northern waters.
IMG_20210317_224028957.jpg
IMG_20210317_224038900.jpg
IMG_20210317_224057173.jpg

looks great

me too.
i have another corsair to do in those colours and plan on getting a Barracuda, firefly MkI at some point and should really do a Sea Hurricane and Seafire
already have 2 x Corsairs (1 x dark blue and 1 in cammo, same for Hellcats and have a wildcat in cammo but might get another for a dark blue scheme)

I have a Martlet but it's not a very good one so that might be replaced with the Arma kit. I have a spare Fulmar kit but that's planned to be bashed into the Fairey P4/34 light bomber.

Got the transfers in place, they're a mix of stuff from my spares box.

I used Ultimate model products strong decal solution and for all the good it did I might as well have used spit. I wanted the upper rondels to settle into the grooves I ended up cutting the decal and poking it down with a cocktail stick.

Another bottle of expensive snake oil joins the collection. I am beginning to think the only decal solution worth using is hot water

I fitted 3 cannons, only meant to fit 2 but one of them slid into the wing just as I was reaching for the superglue and disappeared 🤬. Tried to shake it out but no joy.

IMG_20210318_160645871.jpg
IMG_20210318_160659569.jpg
IMG_20210318_160718592.jpg
IMG_20210318_160726957.jpg

Great build and as an aircraft concept, that plane looks surprisingly plausible. Maybe if they clipped the wings a bit they might have had a decent fighter on their hands. Maybe Boulton-Paul should have gotten out of the turret business and built a few more of those. Had to be better than a Buffalo ...

Might cause balance issues but I wonder if they could have put extra fuel where the turret would be. The Defiant had a short range but if you added say 40% more fuel to that, you would almost certainly have a better naval fighter than a Fulmar.

Might cause balance issues but I wonder if they could have put extra fuel where the turret would be. The Defiant had a short range but if you added say 40% more fuel to that, you would almost certainly have a better naval fighter than a Fulmar.

The turret was at least 600 lbs which is about 90 imp gallons I doubt you could use all that spare weight for fuel but a tank under the pilots seat might work. The Defiant carried it's fuel in the wings exactly where I have put the guns. So the fuel has to go somewhere. Probably in reality the cockpit would have been moved back to allow for fuel forward.

Unfortunately the cockpit interior is a resin tub unit there's no way for anything rattly to get into the cockpit.

I have been having a think. I could cut a slot in the leading edge to try and remove the gun barrel and fill the slot with a transparent lense as a landing light.

Might balls up my paint job but the rattle every time I pick the model up is starting to get on my nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back