1/72 Fiat G.50 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
The very old Airfix 1/72 kit with a lot of extra work: re-scribed, new interior, altered cowl, re-positioned flying surfaces, custom Finnish markings etc.

4543843465_30b9319de0_o.jpg

4544475080_97463136e5_o.jpg

4544475204_c775331bb4_o.jpg

Thanks for your comments :)

Nice work!! Whats the different camoflauge on the wing for?

I'm not sure; the book that I based it on was all in Finnish so I couldn't read the caption, but I'm guessing it's a replacement wing from another aircraft that was delivered in the original Italian camo. I believe it's also one of the paint options provided in the Special Hobby 1/48 kit.

Thanks for your comments :)

I'm not sure; the book that I based it on was all in Finnish so I couldn't read the caption, but I'm guessing it's a replacement wing from another aircraft that was delivered in the original Italian camo. I believe it's also one of the paint options provided in the Special Hobby 1/48 kit.

O cool! Honestly I think it looks really good with the camo scheme being that way. Its like a hasty field repair! Great Job!

Very nice! and yes, replacement wing.

IIRC all Fiats were delivered in Italian colours...later like a number of aircraft types they began changing to the Olive Green and Black camo for the upper surfaces...

Fantastic job. I to have come to like the Airfix kits for testing different techniques and practicing scratch building. I was going to say the same thing about the wing. It's most likely a replacement wing.

Mike...

I really enjoyed reading every one of your excellent articles in SAMI, Fantastic work, ideas and great choice of models... Kingfisher OS2U-3 is STUNNING! (This kit also).

All the best!!!
Dusan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back