1/72 Hasegawa, Kawanishi N1K1, 1st Prototype

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

... the joint of the main pontoon with the fuselage, left a groove, that with putties, was solved ...

I liked the masking of the blades, I applied Alclad II aluminum (the other side of the blades, they will remain in black)
Similarly, based on photographs, I tried to give the proportion and mask so that the red stripes on the blades, were the best possible ...

... the result obtained was superior to what I expected because of the small and thin strips of tape ...

I hope you like it.

This is all for now, it seems that after placing each blade on the two rotors and in the correct position, I will be closer and closer to the conclusion.

Best regards.

The four blades were placed on the two rotors ...

My surprise was to see that the blades of the rear rotor were longer than the front ones.

I take the opportunity to show to you, what was the procedure that occurred to me and I use to correct my error by not checking that there could be a difference in the total length of the propellers when mounting the "new improvised rotor" blades.
It will be very interesting for me, to know if someone has any other idea to have solved it.

I profess the phrase that says: "There will always be a better way of doing things"

With acetone and a lot of care, I detached the blades from the rear rotor ...

With a suitable grinder, I deepened the gap where the bases of the blades enter. I was doing tests, until reaching the most approximate measurement.
In the end I also had to cut the base of each blade, more or less in 1 mm. each.

The result...

Once the propeller is mounted with the motor, only the front rotor will have movement (when blowing)

At this time I already did some chipping on our seabird, I'm about to apply a general coat of matt varnish. I'm also going to start painting the beaching cart ... the last details continue.

Hasta pronto

She's looking alot better than the one I cranked out Luis.Glad to see you enjoying a 1/72 for relaxation that's what it is suppose to be

She's looking alot better than the one I cranked out Luis.Glad to see you enjoying a 1/72 for relaxation that's what it is suppose to be
Hello Kevin, I'm very happy to see you here.
I'm really enjoying this little girl a lot.
Also learning what you can do in this small scale. I hope to do your deserved honors to your kind gift.

Un abrazo mi amigo

To start with the beaching cart, I applied a general base of dark gray ...

With a mixture of those three colors, I made the color of the wooden planks; with the metallic gray I did some chipping ...

Letting the painting "cure" a little, I placed the two secondary pontoons. I must confess that it was a little complicated to achieve the correct position ...

With oil siena toast, applied with a fine brush and slightly diluted after applying with solvent sprint, I gave the effect of rust on the metal structure of the cart. The resulting appearance is to my liking ... I share a sequence of photos.

Finally I leave you with an overview of the desk where I am working.

I wish to all of you, a prosperous week.

Saludos

Looking good there Luis.So, are they to small for liking?I find 1/72 a great way to escape the vigor's of an in depth build when seeing something finished brings a sense of satisfaction.

Looking good there Luis.So, are they to small for liking?I find 1/72 a great way to escape the vigor's of an in depth build when seeing something finished brings a sense of satisfaction.
I agree Kevin. I remember when I was about 5 or 6 years old, a collection of WWII aircraft, which my father built in 1/72 scale.
In my adolescence and youth I only armed 1/72. I enjoy a lot and I have learned a lot with 1/48, but I was pleased to see what can be done in 1/72. I am sure that this N1K1 will be the first of other projects on this scale.
I will be able to interspersed with my stock in 1/48

Saludos

Users who are viewing this thread