1/72 Hasegawa Panzer IV Ausf. F.1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cybermat47

Airman
Dec 18, 2015
NSW, Australia
The Panzer IV was a German medium tank that saw service in WWII. Originally devised as an infantry support tank, it was increasingly pressed into service against enemy tanks, and soon took over that role from the Panzer III. It saw service all throughout WWII, even after it's replacement, the Panther, started production.

The Ausf. F.1 was the last Panzer IV to have the short barreled 75mm cannon. Later versions, starting with the Ausf. F.2, mounted a more effective 75mm cannon with a longer barrel.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1979Anh.-001-10%2C_Panzer_IV%2C_Ausf._F-1.jpg

Despite the stress of combat and the ravages of time, there are still many surving Panzer IVs across the world.

bovington-tank-museum-panzer-iv-51261.jpg

The type has also been featured in works of fiction, the most unusual example being the anime series Girls und Panzer, in which a group of schoolgirls use a Panzer IV Ausf. D (later upgraded to F.2 and H standard) to lead their school's team in a 'sensha-dou' competition against other schools, all of which are based on giant aircraft carriers.

panzer2.jpg

I bought Hasegawa's 1/72 Panzer IV Ausf. F.1 today on a whim, based on the tank's prevalence throughout WWII and the simple colourscheme. While some drilling is required, the build and painting looks simple enough. The biggest problem I expect to have is preventing paintbleed from the tyres and gear on the tank. I'll be making it as a panzer from the 14th Panzer Division, which saw service with Army Group South before being wiped out at the Battle of Stalingrad.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back