1/72 Lancaster diorama. Question about the door

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eli-dk

Recruit
Sep 7, 2010
Hi,

A long time ago i built a 1/72 lancaster dam buster. It was my first model, so not a big success.
Tough I wont to rebuild him. Remove the paint and fill the caps.
I thought a diorama would be a nice idea. So i looked i one of my books filled with pictures to get some ideas.
And this is what it is going to be: don't understand the pictures posting here but... Can you help me with this?
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9xdvMEuXCX8/TIZyZJxvoqI/AAAAAAAAAFU/LaT_CDb1hR0/s640/DSCN2564.JPG
Poorly enough I have no idea how the door is when its open. Does the door opens to the inside?
Or does the door slides inside, or does it goes of?

I hope you guys can help me with this problem.

Gr. Eli

Ps. I'm from Belguim and just 16 years old, So i hope my English isn't to bad :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, the door opened inwards and forwards, against the inside of the fuselage. There was a step over the ammunition tracks, inside the doorway. If you have a look in the Group Build section, in the 'Heavy Hitters' threads, you'll see my Lancaster build, showing the door and the step, and the other details around this area. There's also a diorama base which might give you some ideas. It looks like this, in the attached pic.
Welcome to the forum, and don't worry about your English, it's good enough, and way better than my Flemish or Walloon !!
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Avro, Bomber GB 174.jpg
    Avro, Bomber GB 174.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Avro, Bomber GB 008.jpg
    Avro, Bomber GB 008.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 168
thank you airframe, This is really useful information.
I think I'm also going to add some figures.

Thanks, Eli

Thanks everybody.
The build is going pretty good. Now i thought it was a good idea to add a mototug.
Poorly enough i have now clue what the real name is of the ones how pulled the lanc's?
And does any of you know of there is a model i may can use?

Thanks, Eli

The tractors used were normally the David Brown tug, and there's one included in the Airfix Stirling kit. I believe a company called Dartmoor Military Models may also have one in their range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back