query about NA p-51

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
3,538
1,164
Jan 12, 2010
alcover
Hello everyone, due to various circumstances I've been offline, but I'm still working on my plastics. I'm working on my final year project for automation and robotics, and in this project I'm designing an autonomous levitation system for a P-51C, but before starting this project I need to know the weight of the finished aircraft. I have the weight of the unassembled kit, 0.53 kg, but I need to know the weight once fully assembled. The kit in question is Eduard #82018. It could be 10 grams more or less.
If any of you have finished the Eduard P-51C and could tell me how much it weighs, I would appreciate it.
I promise to detail the entire assembly process, including the electronics.

Thank you very much for your help, whether you can or not.
 
Welcome back Sergio. "Autonomous levitation system" sounds science fictiony! I think you mean kit number 82108? I don't have the P-51C but a D. The assembled D weighs 49 grams with drop tanks.
 
Hi Andy, thanks for the super welcome! The thing is, since I have to do a project using MicroPython as the programming language, what better way than to make something so visually appealing? Plus, it'll also be useful next year when I have to study induction and magnetic fields, but I'll tell you more about that later...

If it's the Eduard 82018x kit that I bought along with the 82109, since it includes more models I can make several.

I had just asked on the forum when I received Eduard's email replying. According to them, it weighs 190g without any paint, just the plastic, so I'll assume it weighs 250g. If it's less, I'll have more control over the PID when adjusting it, at least initially.

Now let's see how the Hormuz situation ends up because prices for electronic components are skyrocketing, having already gone from €48 to €73 in just two weeks and still rising.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back