1:72 Lioré & Olivier LeO 451

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you all for the kind words.
I hope I'll resume work today and try to go further with this project. I'm sorry to say that, but I have zero motivation at the moment...

Nice stuff Yves.

Here comes a small part of what I've been doing during the last weeks. As already mentioned I divided the whole model in assemblies, almost like the real a/c was manufactured. The empennage was such an assembly I finished completely. The wings are big assemblies as well. They allow to be finished up to the weathering, before even being attached to the fuselage. Here are the undersides of the wings:
1. Painted, before weathering:

2. After weathering and sealing with clear matt varnish:

The Smer-decals are a big PITA (as expected and mentioned in other forums). I did seal them with Testors decal lacquer before use but they started cracking nevertheless. Some areas of the roundels have been repaired by hand. The blue center was re-sprayed with paint - the original blue disk was too small and too dark.
On the other hand the roundels are a tad smaller than the original ones - compare the size of the roundel with the width of the wing below:

The red ring of the decal is also wider than the original and the proportions of the decals are wrong. I will not buy extra decals (priced higher than the model I used) and must live with what I have...
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the interest, likes and "bacons".
A big "Thank you" to the Admin/Moderator and to the Judges of GB-52 for allowing me to proceed with this model outside of the group build.
I will continue working on my LeO 451 until the model is finished. The new frame (this thread) gives me an open time schedule with no limits.
See you soon!
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread