1/72 P-51D Mustang - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SamPZLP.7

Airman
Feb 2, 2012
Fargo,ND,USA
Username: SamPZLP.7
First name: Sam
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Academy Minicraft
Model Type: NA P-51D Mustang
Aftermarket addons: None.

Hi guys, this is my first group build on this site so bear with me here. I will be doing an Academy P-51D Mustang "Down for Double of the 354th FS/ 355th FG. This will be built completely out of box with kit decals, and of course brush-painted. Should be a fun build and I will start on it tomorrow. Cheers :)

Attachments

• AC2132.jpg
    AC2132.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Nice!

BTW... Please edit your post above and type your first name. Also please change ( if you find your modelling skills to be more advanced ) the name of the category. It may be either the Intermediate or the Advanced or the Expert , depending on your skills.

Nice choice, and again, welcome to the GB.
I think I have a profile and probably pic of this aircraft, if you need them, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help from other members too.

THX Terry. :) :wave:

And here two more.... Sam, please pay your attention to the decal marking with the name of the plane. Academy made its letters yellow while these were white. Also please notice the double mirrors at the top of the windscreen frame. Additionally the anti-glare strip seems to be of two colour shades.

wr-f5.jpg

wr-f6.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting color shots Wojtek... you always seem to be able to find appropriate photo references! The distinctions you noted were good and I would add the variance in the shades of the metal panels and it looks like some wear on the leading edge of the wing in the close-up... chipping in the aluminum dope finish?

THX John. :wave: :)

You are right. The silver areas on the leading edge of the wing are the chipping of the aluminum dope and putty. Therefore the bare metal can be seen there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back