1/72 RS models Croatian Airspeed Envoy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Hello everyone its been ages and I missed the forum a lot :) but the biggest thing I missed is the members here, I've been so busy with life the last couple years and haven't had time for modelling, my partner suggested I get back into something that calms me and that I can progress on (she also wants to take part in modelling and we started her first model with me acting as a guide for her Wonder Woman figure, I'm so excited and love that she loves spending time with me enjoying the hobby together, am so happy to be able to make and teach her the ways of the plastic :D hehe). I decided to make this Airspeed Envoy in Croatian Colors for the forum and complete her out of box. I can't wait to share the progress with everyone, I've only been able to find two pictures (having only had 2 Airspeed Envoys its challenging to find photos of Croatian Envoys). My plan is to do a mini Croatian air force in 1/72 out of most of the trainers they used, I've got a bu-131 that I started ages ago that needs to be completed, a new 1/72 bu-133 (I'm building this one with my partner :) as she builds her Wonder Woman, so far, knock on wood, plastic, resin etc its going smooth and I'm getting enthusiastic about building again :) :) ) and a Saiman 200 :D as you can see I love the Squiggle camo pattern so this Airspeed in Plain grey will be a bit of a difference.

Any further photos being shared would be greatly appreciated :) I found these online ages ago :D and I believe they're posted in pretty much any book on Croatian aviation available that highlights WW2. Build shots as soon as I get some time to build tonight :)

Igor

CroatianAS1.png

CROATIAAS2-edit.png

The tail section of Croatian Airspeed 2002 caught in a photo.

Last edited:
Thank you all its great to be back :) first a little research, these photos found online of the interior of various Airspeed Envoys,
1.jpg

62-2.jpg

895-1.jpg

711-3.jpg

The instructions show the pilot seat as having seatbelts (provided in nice PE) but as we can see here the only picture I found of an airspeed pilot shows no seatbelt present, and if we observed the other photos and technical diagrams, no seatbelt attachements can be seen from the rear.

3.jpg

Build progress soon, I've made a base coat of Tamiya Linolium brown with dry brushing of various other browns (will share some photos tomorrow)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 144
Good reference pics.
Probably not much use for your build, but here's a couple of pics of the example under restoration at the Newark Air Museum, UK. I believe it has progressed a lot since my last visit.

Rogi Envoy.jpg
Rogi Envoy 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back