1/76 Aifix-Panther-Russia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Took your advice guys and tried Milliput :) can't believe I completed this beast, the 1 day build that turns into a 5 day build and brought her to my IPMS club for its "Airfix" contest, wonderful night with around 30 entries
1f603.png
Russian captured Panther tank from Lt. Sotnikov's 8th Guards, two pics of Russian Tank 513 here:
79f4f7ccd8.png

79f6e16d19.png

kit is from Airfix (it was Airfix night after all
1f603.png
) . 1/76 scale. A Blast from the past as its the first Panther tank release ever 60s era beauty.
1f642.png

Details on this one:
Milliput was used for Zimmerit and ...for the rear hatch
Tracks were too small so I needed to fuse some replacement ones together, took round 6 hours with two part to get everything to hold, nothing else could hold it, cyano, super glue, super super glue etc. hehe glad that I'm still here
1f603.png

Star and number, 8th Guards ident. logo were handpainted
Airbrushed the kit and drybrushed/airbrushed tracks/wheels

7a020b1383.jpg

7a036d60fd.jpg

7a081e820d.jpg

7a0f4826b5.jpg

Thanks all for your comments :)

Thank you my friends it is greatly appreciated and feels great to be back modeling :) glad I haven't lost too much proficiency during the rough patch of no modeling :( :D Next project Japanese Airfield :) dio.

That I would truly like to see!

Me too! What theatre, and aircraft types are you planning Igor?

Thank you both :) i'll open a start to finish build probably tonight and start by the weekend, I've lined up some kits in 1/72 scale mostly for space saving reasons, 2 starter trucks, 1 fuel truck, 5 ki-27 nates, 2 ki-46 dinahs, 2 ki-61 hiens and if I can find any correlation to adding it 1 ki-67. I think the most challenging thing will be narrowing down a Sentai and fitting everything in, I'm currently looking at Harbin airfield around 1943 when the 68th Sentai were receiving and replacing the ki-27 with the ki-61. Nothing too fixed as of yet and I'm definatley open to suggestions :) I think narrowing down a B-29 home defense or something similar would be the best bet so far.

Looking forward to it Igor. If you need any reference material let me know

Wow, sounds great Igor! Got a spare Ki-46-II if you need one.

I'd definitely accept both your help and guidance on this project :) let me get the thread ready and hopefully posted by tomorrow and we can go from there. The help is Hugly appreciated :) thank you both my friends ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back