100% scratchbuild 1/48 lancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The tire is very tight fit in the nacelle in real Lanc. In my case the tires are removed before retracting. Am thinking about another method for the #2 set of wing.

Attachments

• nacelle.jpg
    nacelle.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 205
By the way,

Of manufacturing plans I got recently a plan is facinating; an early (?) version of cockpit hood for the Manchester. I have never seen this type was planned but its not bad.

Attachments

• Fuselage Centre Section 05.jpg
    Fuselage Centre Section 05.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCF0003_edited.JPG
    DSCF0003_edited.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 199
Hi Everyone.

I am all new to this but I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am looking to try and build a lancaster weathervane for my father in law. Unfortunately I can't find any plans for the lancaster planes.

Certainly there are a lot of kits but I don't want the kit, just the plans. Could someone please help me out.

Greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone.

I am all new to this but I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am looking to try and build a lancaster weathervane for my father in law. Unfortunately I can't find any plans for the lancaster planes.

Certainly there are a lot of kits but I don't want the kit, just the plans. Could someone please help me out.

Greatly appreciated.

wookie PM inbound :shock:

...ian

Another finding;

There are two types of the shape of mouth of the radiator appearently exists. Somebody got the reason? When and how was this incorporated?

Upper: BBMF's PA474 from Vickers Chester works June 1944-Sept. 1945
Lower: CWHM's FM213 from Victory Aircraft Ontario works March-May 1945

Note that there is a same drawing on the Lancaster Manual AP.2062A Vol I section 5, Fig 3 dated Mar.1942.

Attachments

• nacelle comparison002.jpg
    nacelle comparison002.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 215
Lancaster ,as you know for sure, was powered by some different kinds of engines.Because oil instalations for them were mounted in each of engine gondolas therefore the mouth of the radiator could be different in shape ,I think.Besides look at the exhaust pipes,please,different doesn't they.

hi pposie,
the exhaust stacks on PA474 are early 'BIFURCATED' this i where each cylinder has its own outlet exhaust to allow the gases to escape more smoothly, if you have a look you will see the casting has two ports on the exhausts 8) .

the exhausts on FM213 are of two into one configuration stacks which allows the gas out faster :shock: .like a rally car :evil:

...ian :turn-l:

I remember I still have two Lancs to finish.

Attachments

• Avro%20Lancaster%20MKI.jpg
    Avro%20Lancaster%20MKI.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 148
I have just spent an hour reading this entire thread, and I am truly amazed!
You have done / are doing a really fantastic job Popsie, a real work of engineering and art, all in one. The models are absolutely fantastic, and you have my greatest respect.
Thank you for posting this.
Terry.

Terry you've posted 3,083 times on this forum and you have NEVER seen this :oops: !

Have you seen that Advert.... ''Should Have Gone to SPEC Savers'', well you sure get my vote :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Lanc' isn't it 8)

ian

Yeah, I know Ian! but the start of the post was before I joined the forum, and I got so tied up with other things here, i never got around to looking at 'back issues'. It was only when Popsie posted the Tiger Moth that I noticed. B****y brilliant work!
I've always wanted to do something like that, and started on a Halifax, in 1/32nd scale (!) many years ago. But, that got trashed in a house move and now, my hands are too kanckered to attempt it. Darn shame!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back