13 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the national markings are wrong, the author received the info that it was Werners machine from my friend and I when we had our SturmFw web-site some years back. the 13 and ~ is solid dark black as well as the swastika not gray also the Adlerflugeln is not trimmed in yellow but white indicating 11th staffel in July of 44 later in mid-August 44 the staffel was designated the 14th with the change over of including 2./JG 51, numbers in red to the 16th Sturmstaffel in IV.Sturm/JG 3. the Motorhaube likewise has a touch of blue in the dark black as indicated by recovered samples and photos.

E ` go to : Eagle-Editions

you will see for yourself the update SturmFw decals and profiles listed

couple more from jagdwaffe vol 5

Attachments

• Untitled3.JPG
    Untitled3.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 88
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 99
One thing on Priller's '190. The marking immediately aft of the '13' is always shown as a black'spot' in a white circle in profiles/drawings etc. However, I may be wrong, but I suspect this should be the red cross, in a white circle, signifying the First Aid Kit stowage on the hatch cover.
As I say, I could be wrong in this instance, and maybe Wojtek, Eric or Wayne can clarify this.
Terry.

In pics of Prller's 190s it is clearly visible that it was a balck spot with white outline without any red crosse ( Fw190A-5 Werk Nummer 7298, 1943).What is more in a couple pics of other his Wurgers a small black rectangle with the white outline is visible instead of the spot (probably Fw109A-6 Werk Nummer 530120 winter1943/44) and the black sharpened line instead of both the spot and the rectangle ( Fw190A-8 ) .
Besides the First Aid hatch was on the starboard but not on port side.

Attachments

• Priller_s.jpg
    Priller_s.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 86
  • fw190a8profilesd_1.jpg
    fw190a8profilesd_1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back