13's....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me 262, W. Nr. 110813....

Stormbirds-02.jpg

IMG_20170603_150112.jpg

Messerschmitt Me 262 A-2a, W.Nr. 110613, '9K+DK', flown by Ofw. Hermann Wieczorek of 2./KG 51, Rheine-Hopsten, Germany, 25th February 1945. The RLM 81/82/76 factory scheme of this plane was modified at unit level by applying a snaky mottle in a dark green colour, possibly RLM 83*. The front engine cowlings were left in natural steel, with only their upper portions sprayed with green 'squiggles'. Most likely, the nose tip was painted red, as on the other machines of 2. Staffel, but the top of the fin and rudder didn't receive that marking. There was no serial number on the tail. The swastikas were white outlines only, which was quite unusual for a machine from this production batch. Therefore, it is possible that the aircraft was fitted with a replacement tail unit. The individual letter of this plane's tactical marking, was most likely repeated in black on the front landing gear cover. Also note the traces of tape and primer sealing the joint between the nose and fuselage. On the 25th February 1945, Ofw. Hermann Wieczorek force-landed this machine near Nottuln after being hit by anti-aircraft guns.

RCAF Bolingbroke IVTs, ca 1943

upload_2017-6-7_9-19-38.png

OK....I can edit the printing but can't do anything with the photo. When I first uploaded and posted the photo, all that showed was the thumbnail. I logged out, shutdown Chrome, restarted my comp. This still doesn't allow me to delete the photo. Probably a minor glitch in the matrix :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back