13's....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aedd036bb6210b686d685cd320e14e50.jpg

Dunno. There was another pic taken from head on that may be the same aircraft. I'll try to remember where I found this..........

EDIT: ......different kite. It's a Japanese site and the guy just seems to post his own thoughts and combining that with Google translate, confusing and strange. I also found this and will include the translated caption...

jan.JPG

*clears throat....."With Me 262A In just before the start. The pilot's leather helmet flew to the jet plane and it is old fashioned"

Last edited:
Jan, have done a check and found a single loss...

26.07.43 Uffz. Willi Kuhn 2/JG 1 KIA, Fw190A-5 W.Nr.410196 "Black 13"

Shot down in combat with four engined bombers near Hattendorf

This is the only Fw190 "13" loss during the period of June '43 through to Feb '44

So in theory this aircraft should have the Red and Black checkerboard marking, the number being black with a red outline?

Just was informed that....

In the JG 1, besides Kühn's "Schwarze 13", Ibing's "Gelbe 13" was heavily damaged when he crashlanded on the 11th of June' 43, Mietho's "Gelbe 13" was lost on the 11th of January '44 and Burath's "Weiße 13" was lost on the 10th of February '44....

Mietho must be:

Uffz. Erwin Mietho, Fw 190A-6 Werk # 550466 "Yellow 13" lost 11/01/44....

KIA 11th of January '44 during aerial combat opposing B-17s over Paderborn, crashing near Ohrbeck. No known grave. Collided with his Stfkpt, Harry Koch, during aerial combat in his A-5 on the 22nd December '43 near Badbergen. He bailed successfully, without injury, but Koch was killed. Injured in a crash at Rheine on 5 September, 1943, overturning on landing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back