13's.... (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another reply....

Kühn's WNr.410196 'may' have had the checkerboard cowl, but I know of only one brief mopic sequence showing FW 190As of the 2./JG 1 decorated with these, which includes Rudi Piffer's "schwarze 3."
The b+W striped cowls were used by some I Gruppe Stab machines at this point, but more were applied later (late winter 1943 / 1944). You didn't mention which kit you're building - I'll assume it's Hasegawa's A-5?
The only well-photographed '13' that comes immediately to mind is Hondt's well-known machine from 2./JG 11, although some profiles incorrectly apply a broad yellow Rumpfband, which is incorrect as these weren't-yet in use when it was lost 8.Oct. 1943. It also toted the twin-MG151/20 gun packs ("U12") beneath the wings -- a little-used armament.
If you're not restricting yourself to the JG 1, there are several photos of Priller's WNr.7298 of the Stab/JG 26.

....and regarding:

priller13.jpg

Jan, if you are referring to the eagle's head, then no, that was applied on a few JG 2 aircraft, not on those from the JG 26. The color profile of 170346 has white angles on the lower part of the Rumpfkreuz, but the real bird did not have these. THe drawing is also missing the weights on the VDM 9-12153 propellor. The artist 'forgot' the red warning band on the underwing FuG 16 ZY 'Morane' mast. There are several photos of this machine, taken from both sides.

One who built Oesau's Bf 109G-6/AS, W.Nr. 20 601, "Green 13", in which was shot down in near St Vith in '44, used wings of a Trumpeter's 1/32 G-6 and the fuselage of their G-10, is that possible and what is it that you're left with, is it something that you can use?

102893-10849-pristine.jpg

TSM2298.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back