13's.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

new one's?

Attachments

• skyhawk1_3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 205
  • skyhawk1_16111.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 224
  • skyhawk_1298.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 140
  • skyhawk_1453.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 202
  • skyhawk_bartelsme109.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
As soon as I get some space to work on...need to finish a few projects first. Think it's time for another '109 and '190 #13! A VVS #13 would be cool to have as well, but to find decals for them....

Got some of them already Piet, nice finds nonetheless!

A couple more reading Willi Reschke's JG 301/302 "Wilde Sau"

Oberfahnrick KarlHansel was shot down and killed by P-51's near the town of Lohm west of Neustadt an der Dosse (FW-190 A-8 "White 13" , WNr. 175 920) He died just a few days after our battle with P-38's in which he had fought so bravely.

Feldwebel Clemens Schmoll was shot down and killed near Lohm, west of Newstadt an der Dosse (Fw-190 D-9 "Red 13", WNr. 210 913

Unteroffizier Ullrich Filipp of the 5. Staffel was shot down and killed over the Easter Front, location unknown (Fw-190 A-9 "White 13" WNr. 206 148 )

Thanks and one more..

Unteroffizier Heinz Sturm was born in Herdingen,Westphalia on May 4, 1922. When the mission was over he attempted to land at Stendal but crashed just short of the airfield. The cause of the crash that claimed Sturm's life is not known . (FW 190 A-8 "Red-13", WNr. 734 397)

Ulrich in 5th staffel over the Ost Front may have been flying a D-9. Reschke has several mis-interpreted a/c in his book, at least 3 documented Doras instead of A-9's listed in his text. recoveries have proven this.
more in my book .....

funny how the aviation world woke up after Neil and I posted whose black 13 was in 11.Sturm/JG 3 on our old website ... Herr Gerth

Ohh I am just reading down the lists of losses like here is another

Ofw. Willi Frank shot down in air combat over Lepizeg on February 14th,1945. (FW-190 D-9 "Yellow 13" WNr. 210 919)

Might have to crack open that Royal Class 190A-8 box sooon, eh? A few machines to finish first, among them the '110 "Pulk Zerstorer"....and Udo's C'6 zerstorer.

Cheeky!

Erich, meant to ask you, are serial numbers always a fool proof way to distinguish a late A etc., from a D? I was thinking with all the conversions etc....

I might have a list of D's convereted from late As. I'll have a dig around, as I seem to recall there were only about 20 or 50 or something similar.

yes Doras have their own (plant) - werke nummern and if we get pointed enough their own factory paint scheme.

look through the two volumes from Eagle Editions on the Dora, the profiles will give it away then note tail fin nummers.

Even though Rechke's gives a pretty good diary reprot though much is not included, he does list what is available in his ownership of losses but he does not have some details correct, even the spelling of several pilots last names are incorrect. Still he has done a great job.

Nice one!
Right, a quick look shows my info is incompelete. I have listings for all the FW190A series Werke Nr., and for Ta152. So far, I've only seen mention of three (possibly a few more) 190A's converted to Dora, and these were the pre-production prototypes - I can give the Wk Nr if it'll help. I've yet to read the whole reference, but it seems that the Dora were 'new build', with the first Ta152's converted from existing Doras, both D-9 and D-11.
Now, my source is from Heinz J Nowarra, a very repspected author with WW2 aircraft industry experience, but it does date back quite some years, so there could be newer info surfaced since then. If you want the listings, and other info, let me know and I'll e-mail a copy to you.

Users who are viewing this thread