13's.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some time back on another thread there was discussion about bent forward prop blades occurring when the engine was at advanced throttle when in contact with the ground. There were some skeptics saying they had never seen such an incident. I knew this to be true but could not find a photo at the time. This happens when the pilot is too low and powers up too late. The picture I have somewhere is of a P-47 who made a low pass too low, but the Il-2 shows the same effect.

Helmut Henz and his mount as shown earlier in posts #4090 and #8128.

The emblem is the one of II./JG 77 (note the form of the crest) :
The initials LF are Henz's personal emblem. The skeleton (just partially visible) is in white on this photo (and in Schnautzer's post # 8128), obviously re-applied after the heavy mottling in a difference to earlier photos where it is in black.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Breda MC.202 Serie I, MM7913....
Unit: 74 Squadriglia, 23 Gruppo, 3 Stormo C.T.
Serial: 74-2 (MM7913)
Pilot - CO of 74 Sqn. Ten. Giorgio Solaroli. Tunisia, January 1943. Camouflage: uppersurfaces - Nocciola Chiaro 4 with stripes of Verde Oliva Scuro 2; undersides - Grigio Azzuro Chiaro. Typical painting scheme for Breda built aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread