13's....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What the....!? Never in my life I'd expect to find a Me 410 numbered "13"! Thank you so very much Erich, very much appreciated! Just need to find a '410 then....

How's these for Heinz Bar's A-7?

Don't mind the Blue 1, 4 and 13 here, they're purple....

That's why they sent and extra sheet with better colour....

well the red 13 for Bär's rig looks a bit compressed the guys whomever do up the decals need to get things historically correct .............look at the year they put down after Darmstadt.............geez

I could be all wrong but that blue 13 decal might be a good choice for the Me 410B and I can almost bet it was NOT a long 5cm cannon bird as well, most likely had the 2cm waffen pod under the fuselage and the other 2-4 cannons - 2cm up front

If we have that luck, I'll use these "Blue 13" for the '410 then, they're originally for Walter Dahl, but there's a set for his crate in the Royal Class box...so, hopefully it's a all win situation!

Didn't see any for Heinz Bar on EE's website, only found these on Hannant's which is a Aeromaster set....opinion?

Attachments

• AMD48687 Heinz Bar 2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 126
  • AMD48687 Heinz Bar.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 130
Jan your avatar isn't growing anything out of her *** is she like an egg-plant or ?

silly aeromaster "Rammjäger" that is real humorous, none of those crates are A-8/R2's SturmFw's

I guess Bärs profile-decals are suitable, where was the profiles of his machine we posted some weeks ago ??

That's a good question, can't remember Erich.... We had his Me 262 here earlier though.

Attachments

• Heinz Bär 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 127
  • BearA-1.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Heinz Bär.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 205
Seeing that Heinz "Pritzl" Bär flew a Fw 190 A-7 (Wk.Nr. 431007) "red 13", when commander of II./JG 1. What is the external difference between an A-6, A-7 and an A-8? Is it just that the MG 131's, replacing the MG 17's leading to a bulkier upper gun cowling, just in front of the cockpit? Was this A-7 his only "Red 13", besides the Me 262?

tooooomany questions !!

yes the A-7 had the upper 7.92's replaced by 13mm's

the 13 looks a bit big on Dahl's crate but otherwise is acceptable. Prillers need to get another persons viewpoint. he also flew an unarmored A-8 as well coded blue 13 besides the SturmFw also with 13mms left on and the outboard 3cm's. I think he flew 2 different SturmFw's in Stab./JG 300

The Sky Decals and Third Group Decals a pretty close to the mark...what do you think?

Image source : Defenders of the Reich JG 1 Vol.3.

Attachments

• Fw190A-7_Heinz Bar-Red 13_431007_3428a.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Red 13_TGD_3423.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Red 13_SKY_3422a.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 137
Looking good.But I think the number"1" should have its nose a little bit going down.But it is my impression only.

Well, the Sky Models declas that I have measure 13mm in hight and 14mm in width,measuring from the top of the "1", I don't know the size of the real thing. Tally Ho! has a few sets of Luftwaffe numerals as well... Seeing that Eduard does an A-8 and an A-6, looking at profile drawings, would it be possible to swap parts around between those kits or is the A-7 from Dragon a good enough representation?

It depends on what parts you mean.

Here corrected number 1 in "13"

Attachments

• red13.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 125
Here's a couple of better close ups on the Baer and Dahl "13"...

Attachments

• fw190_variants_06.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 125
  • fw190_variants_07.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 127
  • fw190_variants_08.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 132
Got this one this morning, while in town getting 0.5 pen for the panel lines. A bit disappointed in the Dragon '190, probably shouldn't have looked in my Eduard box before leaving....

Also, noticed that there are still a panel line for the MW50 tank underneath that will need filling,
need to drill holes for the outside cannons as well.....
Och aye, ye cannae always win..!

Users who are viewing this thread