200 T-80 tanks found abandoned in forest (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think it is another sign of the utterly corrupt and ill-manned personnel in the Russian forces. While certainly there are professional military in the new Russia, most indications are that all forces are suffering from a lack of leadership, professional motivation and hardware.

Russia appears to be a shell of her former self. And with Putin in charge, I'm thankful.

Maybe, but western nations are not doing so well either. Australias 120 odd Leopard IA4s are about the same age as these Soviet tanks, and technologically far more advanced. They are basically worthless, however, because the high density armour built into the design has crystallized. You could basically hit em with a hammer and they would shatter.

I understand the US has had some issues with its Bradleys in Iraq, and the Abrams have had some minor problems as well. Not sure what...

There is no doubt the Russians have taken numerous hits since '91, but I disagree that they are totally moribund. I think they are rebuilding and recovering. Cannot say the same for the other former republics of the SU.

Maybe, but western nations are not doing so well either. Australias 120 odd Leopard IA4s are about the same age as these Soviet tanks, and technologically far more advanced. They are basically worthless, however, because the high density armour built into the design has crystallized. You could basically hit em with a hammer and they would shatter.

I understand the US has had some issues with its Bradleys in Iraq, and the Abrams have had some minor problems as well. Not sure what...

There is no doubt the Russians have taken numerous hits since '91, but I disagree that they are totally moribund. I think they are rebuilding and recovering. Cannot say the same for the other former republics of the SU.

But you don't find our militaries abandoning equipment in the middle of federal forests now do we. And this is not the only sign.

But your point, Pars, is well taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back