2015 Foto Fest Mk. IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ham56.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

IMG_0184.JPG

Something just a bit different today. This model of the Canadair Northstar hangs in the National War Museum in Ottawa. The Northstar was a Merlin engined variant of the Douglas DC-4. There is a Northstar being slowly refurbished at the Air and Space Museum in Ottawa.

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice one Jeff.
Back in the 1960's, there was a Northstar standing on the grass at Newcastle Airport for many years, before the 'new' airport was built.
I think it was a former RCAF machine, but in civil use, and it had been impounded for some reason, and even then, as a youngster (I remember it from the age of around 10 to 15), I thought it seemed a darned shame that it was just sitting there, slowly rotting.
I've often wondered what happened to it, as, when the 'new' airport terminal and layout opened, on the opposite side of the runway and further west, the old area was closed to the general public, and used for cargo and GA, so it wasn't possible to see the aircraft anymore.

Thanks all for the kind comments. I will be leaving shortly for Thunder Over Michigan so I will not be posting till Monday of next week. Have a great weekend all and I will be back with lots of goodies to share with you.

IMG_0258.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Back a bit early from Thunder so I thought I would get right at it. The weather was off and on all weekend, no real clear sky, lots of cloud or haze and when the sun tried to break through very hazy most of the time. Anyhow, on with the show as they say.

IMG_0124.JPG

Not quite right this one. Seems the Russian engine and cowling makes this bird much more reliable and easier to handle. She is, so I am told, equipped with a glass cockpit and auto pilot.

Anyhow, she was new to me so lots of pixels were spent on her.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back