2015 Foto Fest Mk. IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0001.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Great stuff Jeff. I agree the '190 doesn't look quite right - but hey! He's got one, I ain't !
Nice to see a Canberra in the early US markings, before they built the B-57.

Good one Jeff.
Reminds me of an advert in, I think 'Fly Past' magazine, back in the mid to late 1980's, where there were three, maybe four of those up for sale at a UK airfield, I think possibly at Gloucester, or that area anyway.
From memory, they were in fair to good condition, and looked relatively 'clean' in the photo. What they were doing there is anybody's guess, but I've often wondered what happened to them, as I thought at the time that at least one could have been preserved in the UK, possibly in airworthy condition, and painted to represent a RAF Ventura.

Good morning lads. Today's pic will be the last till Saturday Sept. 12th as Mother Superior and I will be heading off to Panama tomorrow with a 07:15 flight which means dragging myself out of bed at about 03:30 for the drive to the airport in Toronto. First real vacation with my wife in nearly 20 years so to say we are both excited is an understatement.

IMG_0019.JPG

This was another new airframe/colour scheme to me so I was quite pleased to see her.

Cheers,

Jeff

Great shot Jeff - I've always liked the Mitchell, and have always considered it very 'modern' for the time, when even today, it doesn't look dated.
Hope you have a great holiday, and see you at DX in just over two weeks time !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back