With respect, this is borrox. I listen to sport radio all day because I cant be doing with politics. Regardless of the size of the countries Croatia have some of the best players in the world especially in midfield. Modric is often MoM in big games when Ronaldo Bale and Benzema are there. I posted before the match that I feared Modric would boss the show, and he did, few in England were actually surprised he is a great pro. Everyone in England was hopeful of a win but fearful of a young team up against seasoned veterans.
The France-Belgium and England Croatia matches were exactly the same. Belgium and England started off the better but as the match progressed ran out of ideas. Frnce and Croatia started slowly but more and more imposed themselves mainly through the quality of midfield players. The only substantial difference is that England scored early with a free kick, but that is football. Modric is legend at Spurs and he wasn't here very long, dunno why the press concoct this BS.