2018 FIFA World Cup (1 Viewer)

Your favorite to win the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting article about how the Croatian team was fueled by the lack of respect the English media and pundits were giving them and other teams.

Show more respect: Luka Modric to English media - Times of India
With respect, this is borrox. I listen to sport radio all day because I cant be doing with politics. Regardless of the size of the countries Croatia have some of the best players in the world especially in midfield. Modric is often MoM in big games when Ronaldo Bale and Benzema are there. I posted before the match that I feared Modric would boss the show, and he did, few in England were actually surprised he is a great pro. Everyone in England was hopeful of a win but fearful of a young team up against seasoned veterans.

The France-Belgium and England Croatia matches were exactly the same. Belgium and England started off the better but as the match progressed ran out of ideas. Frnce and Croatia started slowly but more and more imposed themselves mainly through the quality of midfield players. The only substantial difference is that England scored early with a free kick, but that is football. Modric is legend at Spurs and he wasn't here very long, dunno why the press concoct this BS.

With respect, this is borrox. I listen to sport radio all day because I cant be doing with politics. Regardless of the size of the countries Croatia have some of the best players in the world especially in midfield. Modric is often MoM in big games when Ronaldo Bale and Benzema are there. I posted before the match that I feared Modric would boss the show, and he did, few in England were actually surprised he is a great pro. Everyone in England was hopeful of a win but fearful of a young team up against seasoned veterans.

The France-Belgium and England Croatia matches were exactly the same. Belgium and England started off the better but as the match progressed ran out of ideas. Frnce and Croatia started slowly but more and more imposed themselves mainly through the quality of midfield players. The only substantial difference is that England scored early with a free kick, but that is football. Modric is legend at Spurs and he wasn't here very long, dunno why the press concoct this BS.

I couldn't tell you. I don't watch the English press, and those are Modric's words not mine.

I agree that Croatia would have been treated correctly by the England team.
The Belgium England 3rd place game is dead rubber so whether you look too deeply into it is up to you. Sweden went home before and if England are poor then Sweden are awful!
England are lacking in a few department but overall I do think that Croatia was beatable consideration due to their Denmark and Russia games and so it wasn't hyperbole to say that.

Sweden were beaten convincingly by England and England are certainly not poor and one of the top teams in Europe.
Maybe you're listening to Scottish people too much.
Rugby league is more manly than Ice Hockey.

Do they step in front of the 100mph frozen rubber object?

Got to love rugby....as well!
We only let you win....as you were already convinced it was coming home!
Btw, coming home....shouldn't it be coming back to Scotland then, weren't football as we know it, invented there....here? :wink2::laughing:

Nope.
The rules and laws of modern football are an English invention.
And it's believed 1 in 3 English have Viking blood as England or bits of modern England was called Danelaw.

Many football players make it as movie stars after their career....:wink2::laughing:
Yip, Danelaw....back in the good old days!
Been watching the rugby world cup and six nations since moving here....

I have no idea.
Rugby League.
Not Rugby Union.
In another history Danelaw and Vikings could have beaten the Saxons and British Isles could have been a Viking vassal like Iceland and Greenland. Oddly William the Conqueror was of Viking blood. Norman = Norseman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back