2018 FIFA World Cup

Your favorite to win the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How England survived I don't know.
Croatia have suddenly woken up and winning. Lucky so far.

The German's from the north, eh I mean the English started off strong. I thought they would control the game handsomly, but they let the Croatians build up and take over starting. Much better team of the second half.

Now it comes down to which team has the fight left in them. France is loving this though, watching whoever their opponent is play an extra 30 minutes.

Well done to Croatia. It's a frustrating end to a great tournament. And when England have played so well throughout, when they needed to play the best game of their lives they played probably the worst in the whole competition tonight. England reverted back to choking under pressure. Not that Croatia are that good a side, and it was Englands game to lose. And of course it was inevitable they would do just that. I'd like to feel pride and be happy that all my expectations were surpassed. But im afraid all i feel is the same old same old disappointment. Close but not close enough. I fear i'll never see an England world cup win in my lifetime.
Im gutted. This stinks, and England only have themselves to blame. How many times even in the last five mins of extra time did England play the ball back or sideways, back and sideways. Wtf! And someone please tell me how in the world Raheem Sterling is even wearing an England shirt!? Maybe im missing something, but considering he was playing as a striker every game i dont recall a single shot on target. If Sterling can play for England then so can i. Overpaid and overrated.

So, France will be world champions again on Sunday.....

Well done to Croatia. It's a frustrating end to a great tournament. And when England have played so well throughout, when they needed to play the best game of their lives they played probably the worst in the whole competition tonight. England reverted back to choking under pressure. Not that Croatia are that good a side, and it was Englands game to lose. And of course it was inevitable they would do just that. I'd like to feel pride and be happy that all my expectations were surpassed. But im afraid all i feel is the same old same old disappointment. Close but not close enough. I fear i'll never see an England world cup win in my lifetime.
Im gutted. This stinks, and England only have themselves to blame. How many times even in the last five mins of extra time did England play the ball back or sideways, back and sideways. Wtf! And someone please tell me how in the world Raheem Sterling is even wearing an England shirt!? Maybe im missing something, but considering he was playing as a striker every game i dont recall a single shot on target. If Sterling can play for England then so can i. Overpaid and overrated.

So, France will be world champions again on Sunday.....

Smokey, every fan of every good team has felt exactly what you are feeling. God knows as a Germany fan I have felt it.

Your team played a great tournament, and will be good for years to come. Euro 2020 is just around the corner.

Not sure what happened to England.
Ran out of luck or skilll or talent. Mental or physical exhaustion dunno.
They switched off and lost the plot.
The team cohesion broke down and it was sad to watch.
But they had a good campaign and did as well as they could. The team has no big name stars but this is good as the big egos don't get in the way but tonight they needed someone to step up and it just wasn't there.
A shame. But people are full of praise for the manager which is unusual and the team did go down with the ship. So a positive note to end on.

Not sure what happened to England.
Ran out of luck or skilll or talent. Mental or physical exhaustion dunno.
They switched off and lost the plot.
The team cohesion broke down and it was sad to watch.
But they had a good campaign and did as well as they could. The team has no big name stars but this is good as the big egos don't get in the way but tonight they needed someone to step up and it just wasn't there.
A shame. But people are full of praise for the manager which is unusual and the team did go down with the ship. So a positive note to end on.

The problem for England was after they scored, it is as if they switched gears to play to just keep the lead. Croatia on the other hand went into the next gear, as they had to in order to tie up the game. Once they did, they continued to press and go for the kill. Once overtime started, they subbed out and put some fresh players in, and continued to press forward. They played to win.

Yeah there is nothing to be ashamed of for England. We have been in that situation so often that I know how it feels. We also never won, but have been close many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back