2018 FIFA World Cup (1 Viewer)

Your favorite to win the 2018 World Cup?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks as though France are winners.
That dodgy penalty is well dodgy.
Shame that happened.
Those fools who ran into the pitch in Russia in front of Putin have some ballbearings. I wonder which river they are going to be found in?

A great year for French Team sport:
- World Chamions Rugby (U20)
- World Champions Football

As a former rugbyman/rugby player, I hope, maybe World Champions Rugby 2019 (apart if it's Craig Joubert the referee... I think the Scottish will be agree) ??? :lol:

37218437_2053983818006731_4060682701223493632_n.jpg

Well done to France

Vive la France part deux.......................Croatia played a better game the first half...Somebody has to win

Strange game.
Croatia played very well and lost.
How cruel is sport.
Penalty decision was harsh and not necessary. Such trivia shouldn't change the game. But no matter. Don't think French did well in the final but the scoreboard says otherwise.

Hundreds of Iranians were thinking that Croatia would be Winner!!! (including myself) and Hundreds of different reactions to her , before during and after game ...
some were really strange! some i expected and some were really disappointed me as an Iranian ...
ive collected some of reactions! maybe start as a new topic!

Hundreds of Iranians were thinking that Croatia would be Winner!!! (including myself) and Hundreds of different reactions to her , before during and after game ...
some were really strange! some i expected and some were really disappointed me as an Iranian ...
ive collected some of reactions! maybe start as a new topic!
I predicted Croatia to make the fin
Just a thought Smokey. Maybe it is because foreign players play in the English league and not to many English players play in other nation's leagues. This gives an advantage to foreign players as they understand the English style of play better.
It's certainly a theory, but since the conception of the English premier league and as you stated the influx of foreign players and managers/owners has made the English league one of the most multi-cultural and diverse leagues in Europe & the world. And as i dont have the stats at hand, there have been many English players that have played abroad. And not just recently. I remember as a kid going to Villa park and watching David Platt play. Not long later he made the difficult decision to leave England and sign for Bari. Then moved to Juve and Sampdoria. Gary Lineker to Barcelona and then scored a hat-trick against rivals Real Madrid. Keegan, Rush, Waddle, Bale, (even though he welsh) but Euro leagues are so mixed these days and have been for over a decade. You'd think some of their play would surely rub off on England.....

With respect, this is borrox. I listen to sport radio all day because I cant be doing with politics. Regardless of the size of the countries Croatia have some of the best players in the world especially in midfield. Modric is often MoM in big games when Ronaldo Bale and Benzema are there. I posted before the match that I feared Modric would boss the show, and he did, few in England were actually surprised he is a great pro. Everyone in England was hopeful of a win but fearful of a young team up against seasoned veterans.

The France-Belgium and England Croatia matches were exactly the same. Belgium and England started off the better but as the match progressed ran out of ideas. Frnce and Croatia started slowly but more and more imposed themselves mainly through the quality of midfield players. The only substantial difference is that England scored early with a free kick, but that is football. Modric is legend at Spurs and he wasn't here very long, dunno why the press concoct this BS.
I agree, just the press and media stirring things up as usual. England might have underachieved on the world stage and euro competitions, they have always played the game fairly and respectfully towards the other team. And i hardly think Croatia needed pumping up before a semi final world cup game. Journalist nonsense is all.....

I agree, just the press and media stirring things up as usual. England might have underachieved on the world stage and euro competitions, they have always played the game fairly and respectfully towards the other team. And i hardly think Croatia needed pumping up before a semi final world cup game. Journalist nonsense is all.....

Read the article. Modric is the one who said it...;)

You can red x disagree all you want. It doesn't change the fact that Modric said the Croatians drew there inspiration from a perceived lack of respect by the English MEDIA and pundits. If you pay attention to my post and the article, it says nothing about the English team.

You can red x disagree all you want. It doesn't change the fact that Modric said the Croatians drew there inspiration from a perceived lack of respect by the English MEDIA and pundits. If you pay attention to my post and the article, it says nothing about the English team.

I wondered why i was a little confused reading this statement. My previous comment you replied to here was a mistake on my part. I use a tablet (touch screen) and the icons are a little small for my big hands/fingers. I must have hit the disagree instead of the agree icon thats right next to it. And earlier in the competition i wasnt being disrespectful when i said England would dispatch the Croats, and as such suggesting they were not a good side. But i dont think anyone can argue Croatia routinely punch above their weight when it comes to major tournaments. And as good as they are, i wouldnt call the likes of Modric and co "great" They just have a good team ethics. Plus maybe the experience England were lacking. Should also be noted like England they did have an easier route to the final than most teams. I knew that game would most likely be Englands hardest game to date in the world cup. But in the same vein, yes they have great players routinely playing for top european sides. But as a rated team its not unfair to say they are/were underdogs. And i still think England threw that game away in the second half as they should have been 3-0 up by halftime. But we all know chances dont count for nothing, only goals win games. To be fair i think everyone underestimated Croatia a little not just the British press. And tbh i have no love/respect for the press. What bothered me was how much the press and fans got so carried away. England had only just got out of the qualifying stage and yet the shout around town was "Footballs coming home". More than a little premature i think! Ok, had England reached the final it would have been fine. But as always this country likes to put too much pressure and expectation on its football team. Which is a little weird considering we dont do it in any other sport. And im not sure why the English press would consider Croatia inferior anyway, as they have beaten us quite a few times in major games. Like the euro 2008 qualifying match at wembley, when all England needed was a point to secure qualification and Croatia beat us 3-2. So i know they are a good side not to be underestimated. I read an article the other day about how Modric and others grew up playing football on a patch of grassland routinely bombarded with shells and grenades! I guess if thats not an incentive to work hard and succeed so a person can then get the hell outta dodge idk what is. It's pretty humbling actually. Modric also admitted he was told time and again he was too small and frail to make it in the pro game. Good for him that he didnt listen. My only regret is Croatia didnt win the world cup. I mean, anyone but France right? lol. And maybe if Croatia had been given a referee that could make a simply decision correctly, well who knows....
I think considering we had VAR in this WC i think the referee standards were pretty poor.

Agreed with you,
but as for me, our annual games, known as the "Tamuz" games will start from coming Friday!!!
#tamuz6768
Tamuz? You will have to enlighten me, is that a kind of sport/game, or just a period of mourning.....lol
Im sure ive heard about it somewhere before actually. Anyway, the domestic football season starts in August so hoorah!!!

Tamuz? You will have to enlighten me, is that a kind of sport/game, or just a period of mourning.....lol
Im sure ive heard about it somewhere before actually. Anyway, the domestic football season starts in August so hoorah!!!
Yes!!!
Tammuz (Tamuz, Tamooz, Tammooz( In Aramic / Assyrian: ܬܡܘܙ / Tamuz)) is Asyrian`s Calenders 4th month!
Since 1972, every year we have a game / competition which is held in Urmia.
Assyria is also part of CONIFA, that was held in london, UK, this year.
Assyrian calendar - Wikipedia

also Armenians, Zoroastrians and Chaldanian / Kalimians have their own games.
But expect us and Armenians, the others have no any official National level team.
Israil represents as for Jewish people, and Armenia for Armenian.
but, only us, are member of CONIFA.

Yes!!!
Tammuz (Tamuz, Tamooz, Tammooz( In Aramic / Assyrian: ܬܡܘܙ / Tamuz)) is Asyrian`s Calenders 4th month!
Since 1972, every year we have a game / competition which is held in Urmia.
Assyria is also part of CONIFA, that was held in london, UK, this year.
Assyrian calendar - Wikipedia

also Armenians, Zoroastrians and Chaldanian / Kalimians have their own games.
But expect us and Armenians, the others have no any official National level team.
Israil represents as for Jewish people, and Armenia for Armenian.
but, only us, are member of CONIFA.
Well i would say good luck, but it seems you dont need any lol :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back