2022 World Cup - Qatar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Football does of course sick, that's why our American friends call it sucker(or was out soccer? I forgot). But football that you don't play with your foot,
I can just remember when all knockout games including the final were re played if it was equal after extra time, it became a battle of endurance that couldnt survive the television era. The longest went to a fifth replay a total of eleven hours (extra time wasnt played then, it was brought in to avoid replays).
sounds like cricket...

Football does of course sick, that's why our American friends call it sucker(or was out soccer? I forgot). But football that you don't play with your foot,

sounds like cricket...
Football was called soccer in England when I was kid, people used both names. It is just a corruption of "Association football", back in the day there were many different variants on the game, rugby and association football used to have the same administrators. American football, Aussie rules, rugby union and rugby league football are all variants of rugby, association football is the one where you can only use your foot, unless you are in goal of course (now things are getting like cricket).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back