361st Fighter Group Willys Jeep, Bottisham, May 1944.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.
Matt, I took some shots from the rear, but had the wrong camera setting! I'll be doing som more when the diorama is done, fairly soon I hope. And yes, it is a small model !
Glenn, I could have bought a French Hotchkiss, ex'Resreve Stock', about 12 years ago. It would have been £2,000, plus import duty, so a little under £3,000 on the road in the UK ! The Hotchkiss was used by the French military until the late 1980s, and is identical, apart from a few small details and modern brakes and electrics etc, plus the data plates are in French ! Wish i had bought it, but I didn't have a covered storage area to put it in - Doh!

Storage problem for me too Terry. At the time I had a 2 car garage but it was filled with my old truck and old boat. Now I don't even have the garage. i guess I just have too much old Cr*p :lol:

I know that feeling! I had a garage, but it just fitted my Land Rover, plus all the off-roading kit and tools etc. Now, I don't have theLand Rover, the garage, the land, the house ...... or the wife!!

The first four for the last one is probably an even trade. I lost the garage and most of my spare time, kept the wife, and gained 2 kids and a mother-in law!

.....and suddenly all goes very quiet, the sound of the light breeze blowing through the broken windows, and gently moving the old misaligned bar doors which whine due to several years lack of grease, few dead bushes rolls by, the old rope in the gallow swings back and forth.....of the train she steps.....spits out the chewing tobacco....

The Mother In Law!

Amazing, and the dirty windshield effect is really cool. I have one I was working on, but the frame is a little warped, and I'm still trying to figure out how to attach the body to the warped frame without wrecking anything. Yours is gorgeous. :notworthy: :thumbright:

Thanks very much Kirk. I'm almost finished doing the final bits for the diorama the Jeep is going in. I should have some pics in a day or so, if my hands behave !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back