361st Fighter Group Willys Jeep, Bottisham, May 1944. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I've had a short break from the GB models over the weekend, and completed this neat little kit.
This is the Hasegawa 1/48th scale 'Follow Me' Jeep, built OOB, but omitting the radio, pioneer tools and 'jerry' can. The latter has been replaced by a scratch-built rack and retaining strap, and foil strips have been fitted where the support straps for the tools would go.
The model will be 'set dressing' for a P51 diorama I've been dabbling with, off and on, for about two years now, and I should have some photos of the completed diorama soon. I noticed I'd dislodged the canopy and support stays whilst taking the photos, and this will be corrected, and some finishing touches added, once the model is placed on the base board.
The tyres, and some other areas of the model, have a 'wet' look, as the vehicle will be posed having just driven through some puddles after a rain shower, which were heavy and regular at that time. Sorry some of the pics lack depth of field - hadn't checked my settings!!

Attachments

• Bottisham diorama 001.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 001.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Bottisham diorama 005.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 005.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Bottisham diorama 009.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 009.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Bottisham diorama 010.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 010.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Bottisham diorama 015.jpg
    Bottisham diorama 015.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 202
Thanks H. it's a very nice little kit, with full engine and transmission detail too - even the leaf springs are the correct pattern!

Thanks very much guys. Chris, it was part airbrushed, part brush painted. I started with the airbrush, then the paint wouldn't dry properly. So, when it eventually did dry, I gave a second coat with a paint brush. All the small areas and weathering are, of course, done by paint brush.

Very nice. Look forward to the diorama. That's physically a small model isn't it. You wouldn't know it by the pics. I was hoping for some aft shots though. :toothy5:

Nice job Terry! I came close to buying one of the real things a few years back but my wife would have killed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back