625 Squadron 2010 Reunion and memorial Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

625 Secretary

Recruit
Oct 27, 2008
Peterborough UK
This event will take place on the 8th and 9th May 2010. There is a dinner on Saturday night (by invitation) and a public service at 11:00 Hrs on Sunday 9th at the 625 Squadron Memorial. As far as we are aware it is the only Bomber Command squadron memorial on the site of the original airfield from which the squadron flew. It was also the first raised to a single Squadron back in 1964 (corrections to that snippet of history, if appropriate, are welcome). Some few bits of runway and taxiway of the airfield remain and a few buildings (note all are on private land but visible from the roads). It is located at OS 1:50,000 Landranger series sheet 113, grid 525404, 392050. All are welcome to the service which, weather permitting, will be followed at 12:40 Hrs by a flypast of the BBMF Lanc PA474 'City of Lincoln'.

Please email [email protected] for any enquiries, or if you are connected to the squadron in any way, to request an invitation to dinner.

Nic Lewis, Secretary 625 Squadron Memorial Association.

Best wishes for a great event. If you see Norman Jones (ex Flight Engineer, from Manchester) and are able, please give him my regards. (I'm the bloke who did the painting and prints of 'his' Lanc, LM546, CF-O, 'Oozlum Bird').
Cheers,
Terry.

Ill be there in spirit. Six weeks out with a broken wrist has left me short of funds. Heres hoping i can make next year.
All the best
Pete:|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back