820 squadron Albacore

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

NEEBLAMMERS

Recruit
Sep 20, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hello again forum members,
I am experiencing a mid-life crisis and cannot afford a sports car or a racy girlfriend so I seem to be diverting all my attention towards the low cost option of researching my family tree, as I know there is a war hero in there. I am looking for any source material, or any info at all, from fellow forum members regarding the incident involving a U-boat U-331 and its demise at the hands of an Albacore of 820 squadron. An interrogation report I read stated that the U-boat was flying the white flag when the Albacore pilot finished it off with an 18" torpedo.
Thank you for reading this, I would be very grateful for any assistance.
Cheers,
Wayne

Thanks for the speedy reply Geo but that is the report I was referring to. I had to laugh at my original post, I mentioned a racy girlfriend and the site advert added to my text was for a mature dating agency... :)
The only other written reference I've found regarding the 820 Squadron pilot, hinted that the incident resulted in his court-martial. The source was riven with Nazi bias and limited detail so I gave it little credibility. Thanks again for your help... I think I might be chasing my tail with this one though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back