9 Things I Hate

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, it was shorter than usual. :|

My dream car would have:

1.) A candle power searchlight attached for those idiots with foglights and high beams on.

2) train horn attached to wake people up

3) LED message board front and back with preset sayings like "Get off the Phone", "Get a License", "Get a Horse, its quicker" etc.

4) A small suction dart gun to fire and red flag any idiot. Makes it easy for the Police to know who can't drive - just pull over the car with the most darts on it. (stole this from Gallagher)

How about this one instead, to get rid of those road hogs in a fast and a efficient way...?

machineguntruck_sm.jpg

But this would probably be the best solution to your above mentioned problem....
ah64d_01.jpg

Oh btw....don't you just passionately hate those (censored) love rate and date ads on the telly....(censored) waste of (censored) space...

No more commuting for me as from Monday and a good thing too!

The many things that have annoyed me on my daily drive:

People sat at the lights with their foot on the brake when they have those ultra-bright LED brake lights.

People driving up an empty 'ahead only' lane at the lights, then cutting across at the head of the 'right turn' queue.

Non-use of indicators.

Driving at night with only side-lights.

People who exit the motorway from the furthest lane out, swooping across 4 lanes of traffic at the last possible second.

People driving in the rain generally - they are either too slow or stupidly fast, nobody seems to have a good handle on the situation.

Kids in car parks - If you put the hammer down, you will eventually kill someone... :mad:

Using mobile phones held up to the ear - not only illegal, but really, really, stupid...

And as a pedestrian: Cars that don't stop at crossings, or swerve round you while you are ON the crossing - happened to me a few times in my local town, and it is scary how little attention they are paying...

How about this one instead, to get rid of those road hogs in a fast and a efficient way...?

machineguntruck_sm.jpg

But this would probably be the best solution to your above mentioned problem....
ah64d_01.jpg

Oh btw....don't you just passionately hate those (censored) love rate and date ads on the telly....(censored) waste of (censored) space...

I will be your co-pilot. :lol:

Speaking of driving, ever notice:

1) You are at an intersection waiting to make a left. There is a line of cars approaching from the right. The last car in line always slows to make left onto your street, fouling the opportunity to enter traffic.

2) You are on a long stretch of road. No cars in sight. You come across some sort of obstacle in your lane (stalled car, stopped trash truck, Erich on a bike :lol: ) and that is the time when another vehicle approaches in the opposite lane at the exact time you all pass together!

3) You are entering onto a freeway. The speed is 65mph. The car in front decides to enter at 25mph and slows!

4) Why you drive on the Parkway and park in a driveway?

I loved working in the tourist Mecca that is Durango, CO. MOSTLY for the idiotic tourists/questions..LIKE..."what time does the 10 o'clock train leave?" AND..."So, can we let our kids ride the Elk??"

What have we learned..JUST because you are on vacation, it doesn't mean you don't need to pack your common sense.

FTR..Elk don't love the little children. Just sayin'

Living in Niagara there are no shaortage of dumb questions
1 are the Falls natural or manmade
2 what time do they shut them off/same time as we crank down the trees
3 can I get there from here /no
4 can I see all of Canada today / yes

Living in Niagara there are no shaortage of dumb questions
1 are the Falls natural or manmade
2 what time do they shut them off/same time as we crank down the trees
3 can I get there from here /no
4 can I see all of Canada today / yes

That's (almost) unbelievable! I don't know whether to laugh or cry.. :lol: :cry:

As somebody who has spent entirely too much time in DC...

Move out of DC. Know what I'm sayin'? :)

And I know you do.

No, can't do that...I'm ruined for other cities now.
You can get addicted to incomptince and craziness everywhere around you.
Where else can you live where a crackhead (Who's back in city goverment) is treated like a Messiah and everyone thinks the world will end if we get two inches of snow?
Listening to the fire scanner here is both funny and scary(Real fire call "Q street North West, Q as in Cuecumber")

In my daily life the biggest think I hate is the phones at work. Everyone calling the medical office always starts each call with "I'm a longtime patient of Dr ****" like that's a secret code word for me to bump some other person to get them in.

Art in DC

If we're talking idiots then you'd have to go someway to beat a couple of customers I had recently. First bloke comes in saying his sat nav is faulty as it can't find an address. He gives me the unit and a bit of paper with the address on it. I inform him that he can't find it as the place is in Wales and he has it set on England. His reply?

'Well Wales is part of England'

Luckily there were no Welshmen in earshot! The other was me trying to explain to a young girl for nearly 10 minutes that fitting a bigger fuse in her amp would not make her stereo louder. She was saying it was faulty and couldn't grasp the concept that without a fuse it wouldn't be working at all. I eventually went out to her car and pointyed out the reason why her stereo wasn't working was that neither the power or earth were connected to anything

The next time someone asks you a dumb question, wouldn't you like to respond like this? From an email.

Yesterday I was buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for Athena my wonder dog at Wal-Mart and was about to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had an elephant? So since I'm retired, with little to do, on impulse, I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet again.

Although I probably shouldn't, because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no; I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's ass and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was laughing so hard!

WAL-MART won't let me shop there anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back