A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are problems with the existing Lanc, Hali and Stirling kits.

The Tamiya Lanc has bee around for over 40 years is inaccurate in a few areas and quite basic by today's standards, even after the relatively recent 'up-date' with added parts, and it's also over-priced, compared to comparable kits, for eg Monogram B-17G. Built one 40 years ago, and have been working on corrections and detail on another, off and on, for the last couple of years.

The FM Halifax can, apparently, be made into a good model, but is tricky and I believe with fit issues - it also costs a King's ransom, if one ca be founds, possibly a sign that a Halifax is desperately wanted.

The Sanger Stirling is vac-form, with all that involves.

Good, main-line injection-moulded kits of all three are long over due.

I agree they basically all suck, but it was fun . The possibility of a new Lanc isn't all that remote I think. if HK's B-17 doesn't do to badly they may scale down their Lanc as well. As far as the Halifax and Stirling I think we'll be more likely to see a 1/48 Hampden from Airfix in about 3 years before we see any one of those, unless Trumpy throws a curve ball and gives us one of their "if it looks somewhat like a........." thingies

Possibly. I have another Academy Sabre to do as a RAF bird, but ......................
Also, I have around 3 square meters of un-built kits, with approximately 2 square meters of available display space ........... and at my present annual build rate, I reckon I'll need to live to around 112 to get them all done !!

See now you have a reason to live. More kits just moves that out, right.....

Users who are viewing this thread